Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Sep 9, 2003, 10:03 AM   #1

Default Canon Ink Prices, To Good to be TRUE?

Have you checked this site out for Canon inks for the S800 Series.
http://store.yahoo.com/inkjetcartrid...ublcophin.html

This is a compatible ink cartridge set for Canon BJ-F850 / BJ-F860 / BJ-F870 / BJC-8200 / S500 / S800 / S820 / S830D / S900 / S8200 / S9000/ i950 / i9100. (This set includes all six necessary cartridges) Save money and buy the set!
BKI-BCI6-BUNDLE$27.95, 3 for $79.95, 5 for $124.95

Don't get me wrong, i know the markup stores get for this stuff, over 1000% but can this be true? My inks specialy the black are runnung down and at this price i'll fill them all. Anyone bought from this place or know anything about it????
PhotoMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2003, 3:11 PM   #2

Default How about these prices?

http://www.voltexx.com/searchprods.a...Go.x=15&Go.y=9

I've got some of this stuff for my i950 and will report after I use some.

Before I ordered, I did all kinds of searches and could not find much in the way of reviews. Only found one voltexx ink user and it was for another band of printer. He liked the ink.

So, if anyone wants to post a URL to a review, I would like to read it!
Thanks,
Sand57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2003, 3:21 PM   #3

there have been tests done on these inks. they generally do not have anywhere near the longevity of the original ink. also some have been known to gag your print head. use at your own risk.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2003, 4:23 AM   #4

I'm using an i850 with ink and cartridge bodies from http://www.Inkjetgoodies.com

Results on Ilford Gallerie and Epson Photo Glossy are excellent.

I use about 1 set per month and refilling at about 6 (US$9) per set has saved me a fortune

Only bad news is they no longer ship to the UK!
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2003, 11:50 AM   #5

Default Staples & Inks

Staples has a special going on for the past few months that if you buy 2 canon inks for S820 Printer it cost $10.75 a cartridge instead of $11.99. I had to replace the Black and now i'm getting a notice that the Yellow,Magenta & Cyan are running low. So i bought 2 of each and since i wasn't sure which Cyan i needed (regular or Photo) i bought 2 of each. So at 10 cartidges i saved $12.40 which gives me one cartage free. Not a big deal but these are Canon Inks and can't seam to find anyone under selling the $11.99 price.
PhotoMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2003, 2:05 PM   #6

Default Re: Canon Ink Prices, To Good to be TRUE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoMenace
Have you checked this site out for Canon inks for the S800 Series.
http://store.yahoo.com/inkjetcartrid...ublcophin.html

This is a compatible ink cartridge set for Canon BJ-F850 / BJ-F860 / BJ-F870 / BJC-8200 / S500 / S800 / S820 / S830D / S900 / S8200 / S9000/ i950 / i9100. (This set includes all six necessary cartridges) Save money and buy the set!
BKI-BCI6-BUNDLE$27.95, 3 for $79.95, 5 for $124.95

Don't get me wrong, i know the markup stores get for this stuff, over 1000% but can this be true? My inks specialy the black are runnung down and at this price i'll fill them all. Anyone bought from this place or know anything about it????
Is it is original canon ink? the picture on the ink looks different to this one : http://www.voltexx.com/prodinfo.asp?...em=16&mitem=16
Can not see CANON mark on top of the cartrige!
If it is the original ink, the price is very very good, I will go for it!!
bmw530i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2003, 4:42 PM   #7

i've just been going through the same situation. The Photo Magenta is running low on my Canon i950, and I came across Pacific Ink with ridiculously low prices. I'm very suspicious. I suspect they are refills.

http://www.pacificink.com/Cbjc8200products.html

Came here to see what you were all suggesting and now I'm seeing such a range of prices available. I don't want to use a generic brand because they DO clog the print head over too short a time.

A friend of mine works at Office Depot, and told me that although they say don't use refills, you can take in your empty ink cartridges and receive a ream of lightweight copy paper. I asked him what Office Depot did with the empty cartridges, and his response .... "don't ask'.
JanetKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2003, 11:32 AM   #8

I've just been price checking again. Finally ended up buying from Inkjet Goodies, because they are original Canon cartridges and the other sites were selling compatibles. Just not risking those.

Also took a looksee on eBay. Have original Canon cartridges going to under $6 (auction's not over yet, though).
Don't bid against me. (^J^)
Old Oct 29, 2003, 11:53 AM   #9

It's me again. Here's a place to check out for cartridges, and they are originals.

I contacted a seller on eBay, checked out their website, and the prices are terrific. See what ya'll think.

http://www.safinaoffice.com/
Old Oct 30, 2003, 8:55 AM   #10

Hi Janet, all the Canon cartridges I looked at on that site are compatibles not originals, am I missing a link somewhere?.

Just as an update to my earlier post, Inkjet Goodies will still ship to existing customers in the UK after all, but as they use UPS it's still VERY expensive and more than doubles the cost of the ink!.

However ....... we're coming to Sunny FLorida in 4 weeks time so they've shipped my stuff to a friend in Spring Hill so I can pick it up there

Even better news is that with no shipping to pay refills work out at less than $3 for a full set!, I've been refilling since February this year and have so far used approx. half the ink I bought (125ml bottles) for about 6 refills so I reckon to get at least 12+ out of the bottle and at about $35 for all 4 inks thats VERY cheap
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote