Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Dec 4, 2003, 3:20 AM   #11

I've had great luck with BW using PrintRite.
jbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 4:31 AM   #12

My brother has been using a bulk system from inkjetgoodies with his Canon S9000 for well over a year with no problems except that he lost prime in one of the tubes right after he installed the system. He figures it was his fault. He reprimed the tube, and everything has worked flawlessly since then. He printed both color and b&w pictures with Canon ink before installing the system and then printed the same pictures with the inkjetgoodies ink. He's an architect so he uses different grades of paper depending on what he is doing so he printed with Canon ink and inkjetgoodies ink on the different papers he uses. There was no difference in the way the papers accepted the inks, and no one was able to see a difference in pictures done with Canon ink and those done with inkjetgoodies ink.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 10:29 PM   #13

Hey Sino, why don't you tell us more about your product? Is it that good? Maybe you could give Steves a good deal to test your products for the Canon prnter.

Has anyone had an opportunity to try this product?:-):roll:
Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 11:21 AM   #14

Golfer wrote:
Quote:
Hey Sino, why don't you tell us more about your product? Is it that good? Maybe you could give Steves a good deal to test your products for the Canon prnter.

Has anyone had an opportunity to try this product?:-):roll:
I echo Golfer - would love to see if you can facilitate a testing and summary review of the ink through Steve. Its too risky for me, and I bet for many others, to consider converting from tank system to your ink process w/o testing not only how the ink looks on various common papers (ie, Canon, Epson, Kodak, Red River, etc.) but also on how well it appears to hold up for fade resistance.

BTW- I visited the main web site you provided a link for, and I have a fast T1 connect, but the site was pretty slow to respond and navigate around in.
KCDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 6:49 PM   #15

Personally, have had zero problems with a variety of non canon inks. Just my experience.

p.s. Do the oem hire people to police and discourage use of independent ink suppliers?. It sure seems that way to me.
Sammy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 2:01 AM   #16

Simple as that - Ink From China is JUNK.

They smell and destroy your printer.

Check this:

http://www.digitaloutput.net/content...ntCT.asp?P=542

Only use ink from Japan or USA. And ask MSDS before purchasing.

Metrolinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:12 AM   #17

I've been refilling for at least 10 years now with good results. Buy junk ink and you get junk results. Do your homework and buy ink that is working well in your printer and the results are hard to tell from the original ink. http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inktest.html

When I first got my Canon S9000 many people on the dpreview printer forum had compared inks and liked the Inkjet Goodies inks for the Canon. So that is what I got. I'm still using it with good results on both my S9000 and iP4000.

I used MIS inks in my HP printers for years and have a high regard for their inks. There was a learning curve on refilling the HP color tanks, but well worth the effort. Canon tanks are very easy to fill.

Most printers mix colors to get high quality grayscale. The color is usually a much higher resolution than the pigmented black on general-purpose printers. If the ink isn't a perfect match you will get a little color tint in grayscale prints. I did have a hint of green with my HP and MIS inks, but the Canon and Inkjet Goodies ink isn't tinted. Neither of my Canons do great B&W prints regardless of ink though.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 2:44 PM   #18

well with no track record and no availability to use with my printer it won't be me. i now do considerable printing on my epson 2200. the only bulk system that i would go near is the Lyson bulk system and cave paint pigments. the pigments are made in the UK. they also supply the accurate ICC profiles for there ink products and papers. this is quality and unfortunately you will pay initially but a 4oz bottle is the equivelent to i believe 11 or so original epsons. this is for serious printing only.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2005, 9:21 AM   #19

slip,

It is great to see an expert like you does know something about good and junk ink.

I am very worry about people who bought the Chinese CIS and Ink from ebay:

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewt...&start=150

:?:evil::shock:

They seem to have no sense of how harmful those inks could be .....

If people here really want to try out CIS and save money, try out the one from

http://www.InkRepublic.com/

http://www.serviceit.com.au/

http://www.inksupply.com/

They all use "safe" ink and not like"one man show" companies

stay away buying ink/CIS from ebay.....

Metrolinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 2:26 PM   #20

metrolink man

i thought about getting the jlwsales ink from ebay. what are your sources to say there stuff is dangerous. please provide some details, otherwise, it appears you are slandering this company with the only evidence being somebody on some forum said the stuff smelled. I'll need more evidence than that.
tim g is offline   Reply With Quote