Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Oct 13, 2003, 8:11 PM   #1

Default Cheap OEM Canon cartridges + free shipping

:idea: I get my OEM Canon cartridges at http://www.databazaar.com

Good prices ($9 - 10 for S820) and free shipping, no minimum.
jaz50y is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2003, 4:47 PM   #2

Jaz, I just checked Databazaar, and the cartridge I am needing to replace (Canon i950 - BC1 6PM) is only $9.00. Retail price, between $40 to $50. I love bargains, but that kind of discount sure is suspect.

I could be cutting off my nose to dispite my face, but I would have been happy with a $20.

It's like looking for an accountant and being quoted between $15 to $250 and hour. Somewhere in the middle price is the best value.
JanetKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2003, 9:06 PM   #3

JanetKP - I don't follow. I use the same cartridges. A BCI6PM costs 11.95 plus shipping at Canon's own store, so we are talking about a $3.00 discount, plus the shipping. These are OEM Canon cartridges so no problems of any sort. My whole printer, an S820, was only $75 after discount and rebate!!
jaz50y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2003, 9:44 PM   #4

Jaz, the Canon i950 costs circa $292. The literature which came with the printer listed the replacement cartridges close to $50 each. With 6 color cartridges, it made sense to buy a new printer should each of the ink cartridges run out at the same time.

Having just spent several days printing out a load of pictures (120), I am getting a message while printing that two colors are running low. I thought I'd be paying out close to $100 to replace them, so imagine my glee to surf and learn I could replace them for $11 each.
Old Oct 27, 2003, 9:57 PM   #5

I have been buying ink for my i9100 from www.databazaar.com

A complete set of all 6 ink tanks is $57 USD; no tax or standard shipping fees (for US shipments). They are $9 for black, cyan, magenta, and yellow; $1.50 more for photo cyan and photo magenta.

They are Canon OEM BCI-6 inks, but they are in packaging for the Japanese marker. One of boxes marks the compatible printer for the BCI-6 ink is the PiXus 950i (the Japanese version of the US i950).
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2003, 10:24 PM   #6

dc, how long have you been using the datablaze cartridges?
Old Oct 28, 2003, 7:19 AM   #7

I have not been ordering from them for too long, but when I first got them, I opened up the boxes to look at the actual ink tank. They are the exact same tanks as what you would buy at BestBuy, just the packaging is a little different.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2003, 3:46 PM   #8

Janet, you must have misread that literature or else there's a misprint, because the Canon ink tanks cost $11.95 direct from Canon and that's the list price I see pretty much everywhere.

Dell frequently has sales and the Canon ink tanks sell for $9.40, no tax and free shipping if you buy enough (over $50 I think). Unfortunately, they have started to charge more for the two photo tanks and claim the list price for these tanks is higher than what Canon charges.

There's a place called Atlex.com that had good prices, but I've never purchased from them.

Check out Canoga Camera (www.canogacamera.com). They sell all of the ink tanks for $9.26, including the photo tanks. I bought three sets and the shipping was about $7, so the cost per tank is still well under $10.
CyberSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2004, 2:20 PM   #9

Funny how they call them ink "tanks". I think ink "thimbles" is more accurate.
dazco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2004, 7:57 PM   #10

Lately I have been using some replacements from E-bay and have had very good luck.
The packing of the cartage is identical to the Canon ones and the prints are looking good also.
My last buy was about $13.00 plus a small shipping charge for 6 total ink tanks. The next time I ordered a 12 pack for $24.00 plus $6.00 shipping. $30.00 total for 12 ink tanks
that makes each one cost $2.50 ea not bad as our local house charges $11.99 ea plus tax.
steveJfrank is offline   Reply With Quote