Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Jan 11, 2009, 11:50 AM   #1

I have been refilling authentic canon cartridges for a while now on my Canon ip6700d and I ordered a set of compatible carts for the first time. These are ones that did not have a chip, so I took the chip off the Canon carts I have been refilling and put them on the compatibles........ well, the printer didn't seem to like that & I now have Error 6502 and I can't seem to get the printer to get out of this error mode.

I have put the chips back on the original Canon carts and it hasn't made a difference. I have taken all the carts out and put them in one at a time and the printer recognizes them, because it says it doesn't recognize the missing ones. Then I'll have 5 of the 6 carts in and the printer will say it doesn't recognize the one missing one. I then put in the last one and it goes through its cycle only to give the damn 6502 error again!!!!!!................ ugh!!!!!

Does anyone have any idea how to get the printer out of the 6502 Error mode? Am I going to have to bite the bullet and buy a set of 6 nre official Canon carts to get this to work?

Please help!!!!!
letsgojets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links