Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:12 AM   #1

I am looking for ink for my EPSON R800 printer. I have been buying compatible ink on Ebay due to genuine Epson ink being so pricey. I wanted to know the best brand or close to the best, of compatible ink. I recently bought an 8 pack of ink on Ebay and had nothing but trouble. Took over an hour for the printer to recognize the ink and then had to do several nozzle cleanings before it would even print halfway right. I ended up losing most of my ink in a cpl. cartridges. I am wondering if anyoen has used ink from ink.manufactory and if so, how did the prints turn out? I don't wanna get burned again, so I'm looking for reviews on differnt compatible brands to see which ones to get. Let me know what you use or have ued and the results. Thanks in advance.
mooky9669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2009, 8:33 PM   #2

I only had one experience with third party ink in an Epson. It was with a (fortunately inexpensive) C82. After using the ink for a short while, the printer head clogged, and I was never able to use it again. I have only used OEM ink since. I would not be happy at having a similar experience with my R1800.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2009, 4:10 PM   #3

I would love to use OEM ink if I could find it cheaper. Where do you get yours?
mooky9669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2009, 8:16 PM   #4

I had the intersting experience of getting some store credits with Epson, due to the class action lawsuit, and was able get quite a lot of ink free. Now that the store credits have been used up, I plan to buy from Adorama, which occasionally offers free shipping. Catching the free shipping makes things pretty affordable.

Another place I have heard of, but not used, though it seems to be well regarded is Atlex.com, and the ink is a bit less than at Adorama.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2009, 4:12 PM   #5

not sure you are willing to opt to bulk ink system? not a one-time or refillable cartridge. it's a tank that holds several oz of inks and let you keep printing.

I have both R1800 and 3800 bulk ink system from inkrepublic.com

the prints looked AWESOME and both systems work pretty well. The R1800 system can do auto-reset. 3800 system requires manually reset, remove cartridges, remove waste ink tank. release key pin, which is provided by inkrepublic, then put everything back, the ink level will be back to full. takes just few seconds to reset them, pretty easy.

InkRepublic offered the BEST customer support and product that I can remember. They rock!!
williamlymperis is offline   Reply With Quote