Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Nov 26, 2003, 12:11 AM   #1

Default Anyone familiar with using canvas/art paper?

I was wondering the results of prints printed on such papers? Has anyone tried using canvas (and such) for portraits, scenic or B&W? If so, what do you think and which papers have you tried?
informativetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2003, 10:02 PM   #2

Default I tried

I used some canvas paper with my epson 2200. It speared. I havent tried again but will soon. I know this is of no help. Sorry.
Photojunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2003, 12:06 AM   #3

Quote:
I used some canvas paper with my epson 2200. It speared.
What do you mean by, "It speared."? As for it not being a help; any response given, gives me something to consider and I appreciate it.
informativetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2003, 5:12 PM   #4

I printed 1 picture on canvas, 8x10, that was sent to me by Hammermill as part of a sample pack. It is a picture of my granddaughter (do not know how to post pictures on here or I would). It was printed on an old Canon BJ3000 and was taken with a Sony Mavica with very low resolution.

I had the picture professionally mounted and framed. It is on my wall and whoever sees it asks how I got her to sit still for a portrait painting.

If I ever manage to get another picture that good I would certainly print it on canvas.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2004, 5:54 PM   #5

Default Re: Anyone familiar with using canvas/art paper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by informativetoo
I was wondering the results of prints printed on such papers? Has anyone tried using canvas (and such) for portraits, scenic or B&W? If so, what do you think and which papers have you tried?
I've used PhotoBryte Kanvas Art Paper and very much liked the look of the paper and the quality of the print, especially for landscape scenes. I've used it on my HP Photosmart, but have not tried it with the Canon i900d yet.

Pat
panamapat is offline   Reply With Quote