Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Dec 29, 2003, 9:39 AM   #1

Default Printing Photos

What photo paper does the best job,Do we need brand name paper to the job like Epson,Hp,Canon
Ssurace56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2003, 10:42 AM   #2

Default Re: Printing Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssurace56
What photo paper does the best job,Do we need brand name paper to the job like Epson,Hp,Canon
Certain papers perform better with certain printers. There is not a correct answer to your question. In general, papers made and recommended by the printer manufacturer will perform well. Best? It's subjective.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2003, 12:07 PM   #3

I like the Redriver paper company. You can order a sample pack from them and see which papers meet your needs. Based on discussions in this forum, the redriver paper works well with HP and Canon printers. Here is a link to their web site:

http://www.redriverpaper.com/
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2003, 12:34 AM   #4

Default best paper

I'll second Phil's choice. I have a canon i850 and i9100. I have used Canon, Epson, Kodak, and Redriver and different varieties of each. Clearly, the best for you will depend on your printer and want you like. Personally, I like the redriver for price and their satin papers. If you like the look of glossy better, canon and redriver are good. Epson papers also work well for me and I have used their matter photo paper and glossy. The Kodak was awful.

You will need to do some experimentation. Get the redriver sampler pack. The one I got must have had one hundred different sheets in it of all kinds of stuff. Some good, some not so good. You will learn what your preferences are....or your significant other's preferences are.

You also need to experiment with your printers various settings and see what work best with each type of media. If you don't have the time or energy to research the issue for your particular printer, you usually can't go wrong with sticking with your brand's paper and ink.

My .02 cents, ymmv.

Tim G

canon s400, canon i850, i9100 and other stuff
tim g is offline   Reply With Quote