Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Jan 3, 2004, 8:50 PM   #1

Default canon i 960 - how many prints per set of inks?

when i was buying my canon i960 printer the canon rep said i could expect 120 prints on 8x11 paper out of one set of 6 catridges. however after replacing all six cartidges once i still had to replace the "photo" colors again. basically, to print 100 sheets of 8x11 paper, i emptied 14 cartridges. is it because i used Canon Matte Paper (on matte paper setting)? does glossy paper yield more prints because it is less absorbent? what kind of yield are other i960 users getting?
Agnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2004, 10:50 PM   #2

Hi Agnes,

I'm responding here because you posted the same question in another thread I had going and wanted you to know I hadn't ignored your question. I really haven't kept an accurate count on cartridge use and I haven't used Matte paper too often. My experience is that you will use a lot more of the Photo Cyan and PM cartridges (about twice as many) as the Cyan and Magenta cartridges. Yellow and Black seem to last the longest. Of course that is dependent on what you are printing. Hopefully someone here will have the ink usage pinned down a bit better. Ink usage is dependment on a number of variables including the print driver settings you use or don't use, quality levels, paper, what the pictures are (subject matter), saturation and so on. Perhaps one of the gurus here will be able to help you a little more.

Cheers,

Larry
LWIM is offline   Reply With Quote