Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Mar 8, 2005, 2:55 PM   #21

Epson 1270 works like dreem with IMS!!! I recently purchased IMS-ink refill pack in Costco ($17) and smart chip resetter on eBay. I never tried any refilling system before. It took me 15 min to refill and reset both cartriges. THERE IS NO VISIBLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BOTH IMS AND OEM Epson INKS !!! (I use usually ilford smooth pearl paper). Save money, don't feed blood sucking corporations!!! (be carefull with overfilling !!!, You can clog vent chanels on the top of cartrige. If it hapened, just make little holes (with pin) in blue label in vent terminals (round shape, on level of white epson logo). Good luck!!!
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 8:43 PM   #22

I tried IMS ink with my Canon I960 printer. Photoslooks good exept for a blue cast in shadows area, impossible to remove without affecting midtones and highlights. I'm looking for a solution, else thanexpensive OEM inks from Canon.
Sieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 11:52 AM   #23

I also have the Epson 1270 and Epson 2200 printers. I've had very good luck using Handsome brand ink and the price on http://www.monsterinkusa.comis simply incredible for the 1270 and the 2200. For their price it simply isn't worth the bother to refill and reset the chip on the 1270 cartridges as I used to do. I see that they now have inkjet cartridges for the i960 and I plan to give them a try.
Photo_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 3:19 AM   #24

Photo_Bob wrote:
Quote:
I also have the Epson 1270 and Epson 2200 printers. I've had very good luck using Handsome brand ink and the price on http://www.monsterinkusa.com is simply incredible for the 1270 and the 2200. For their price it simply isn't worth the bother to refill and reset the chip on the 1270 cartridges as I used to do. I see that they now have inkjet cartridges for the i960 and I plan to give them a try.
WOW!!! Photo Bob, those prices are unbelievable! Have you used these from Monster Ink? I hope you have and you are recommending them as I couldn't pass it up.:? To late now, ordered for my Epson 890 & 960.:O LOL
Anyway, thanks for posting that & will report back as to how they worked out.
Mahalo!
Like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2006, 6:36 AM   #25

I tried the suggested link to monsterinkusa without success since it required a user name and password - but offered no way to create them. Any suggestions?
LeachimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2006, 1:14 PM   #26

First, a now very popular way to reseal the ink inlet hole the refiller creates in a Canon cartridge--simply use a #6 or #8 panhead self tapping stainless steel sheet metal screw with a tight fitting O-ring. Gives a 100% reliable seal. Or get the hobbicolors virgin blanks that uses a 6-32 nylon screw--with BCI-6 virgin cartridges costing only $1.65 each.

But on the nifty stuff forums which tends to be Canon printer centric, the concencus favorite inks are MIS, Formulalabs, and Hobbicolors. The other concenus advice, regardless of printer make, is to get an ink specifically blended for the brand of printer you have--avoid inks billed to work in all brands of printers.

That advice has sure worked for me---been refilling and using third party cartridges for some time. And no problems at all--------why buy a pig in the poke when you can buy an ink with known good performance.
Osage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2006, 6:45 AM   #27

Has anyone tried using the refill ink for the ip5200 CLI8 carts in the old BC6 carts for an i950,as I have both printers I am tempted to use the one type of ink for the sake of convenience?
blackpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 9:51 AM   #28

I've got a set of Hobbicolors UW gamutinks (CLI8 type ink) running in an IP4000 no problem at all, the colour is slightly more vivid than the normal inksbut a couple of people have said they prefer those prints when compared.
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2009, 7:57 AM   #29

Default UK Stockist

I have used these inks on my i865 and i560 with Epson photopaper 195gms. The results are very satisfactory.

Costco no longer stock them in the UK so I wonder if you know of a source here. IMS havent informed me yet

Thanks

Julian
beegeeblueboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2009, 2:52 AM   #30

Glad to see there are good refill systems out there.
Currently I am using inkrepublic epson 3800 refill system for couple months, so far so good, very reliable system design and great K3 compatible inks too.
http://www.inkrepublic.com/3800-irefill.asp

I also read some good review about ufo refill system from Japan
http://www.ufosystem.net

hope this helps.
jimbay is offline   Reply With Quote