Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Jan 15, 2004, 9:03 PM   #1

Default Canon 8.5 by 11 sheets of photo paper are these 8 by 10s?

I am looking into getting the i960 and it says it prints borderless 8.5 by 11 pictures, but I have 8 by 10 frames. Will this printer print 8x10's? Is the 8x11.5 paper the kind for 8x10 photos?
almies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2004, 9:48 PM   #2

Yes, it will print 8 x 10 photos and no, 8.5 x 11 paper isn't the same as 8 x 10 paper. You can print 8 x 10's on 8.5 x 11 paper, centering it, then you can either mat it or, if you're going to put it in an 8 x 10 frame, you'll have to trim the edges. Alternatively, you can purchase 8 x 10 paper from some companies (Red River makes a great paper for Canon)
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2004, 1:04 AM   #3

Default Canon 8x10 Paper for i960

Does anyone know how to print an &x10 borderless print with a Canon i960? I can't seem to figure out how to do that and I don't want to trim my prepackaged 8x10 paper since it's ready to go. I saw something in the software for setting the paper size but it didnt' seem to work.

also, I want to use Epson's Premium Gloss Photo Plus paper for the 960 - can it work?

Why is Canon so lame at the 8x 10 thingie?
mbuonanno@alum.mit.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2004, 6:00 PM   #4

mbuonanno@alum.mit.edu wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone know how to print an &x10 borderless print with a Canon i960? I can't seem to figure out how to do that and I don't want to trim my prepackaged 8x10 paper since it's ready to go. I saw something in the software for setting the paper size but it didnt' seem to work.

also, I want to use Epson's Premium Gloss Photo Plus paper for the 960 - can it work?

Why is Canon so lame at the 8x 10 thingie?
1) Check here http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_..._i960_pg3.html
There is a check box for borderless printing. Once you get it you save it as a profile for future use.

2) Don't know but Epson uses a different technique so it may not. Unless you have a big supply laying around I would advise Red River, Kodak or Canon paper. Steve also has recomendationson the last page of his review.

3) Works fine for me (but I use the EZ Photo print and do borderless 8.5 x 11).
CastleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2004, 10:30 PM   #5

I have a Canon I850 and I am having the same problem. I want to print borderless 8x10s on my I850 but I can't get the printer to support it. I have tried the steps listed above but they don't work. Is this even possible?? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
Mikey3019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2004, 6:07 AM   #6

Hi, don't know if it's a software thing but the UK version allows borderless printing on all paper sizes, it's under the "page setup" option on the Canon print dialog.
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2004, 4:32 PM   #7

No, it's actually A4 sized paper - european size a bit bigger than "Letter". It's actually sized in metric, as you'd expect, but works out to near as damn it the number of inches you mention. You can full-bleed print to that size on teh most recent model Canon printers, or you can print 10x8 then make with the guilotine.
ccomley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2004, 4:34 PM   #8

I have *only* succeeded n getting "borderless" printing out of my 9100 if I use the supplied canon photo printing software. Any attempt to print using other photo-edit software to the normal driver, even if I select "borderless" fails, in that there's a white border one one or two edges of the print.

Old May 8, 2004, 1:31 AM   #9
Administrator

Canon does not support 8x10" in borderless mode, it is not one of the available size options once the borderless option check box is selected.

I have no trouble printing any of the supported borderless sizes with many other photo editing (Photoshop, PhotoImpact) and viewing (Thumbsplus) software programs. All you need do is access the print driver before printing and select borderless printing and the appropriate paper size.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 8:45 AM   #10

Another plus point for Canon's own printing tools - you can select the size you want the print and it'll center it on the page - or if you select a size small enough, it'll fit two or more on the page. I only wish, when doing the latter, that it'd leave a gutter, if you ask for, say, two 7x5 prints on a sheet of A4, teh two prints meet in the middle.