Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Feb 25, 2004, 4:27 PM   #21

I agree with your statement " Very misleading " .
Kodak should have changed the packaging a LOT MORE .............HELLO KODAK are you listening ? On the shelves you have (((2))) different kinds of " ULTIMA "....HELLO !
John G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2004, 7:52 PM   #22

I went out this evening to find the paper.

I tried, Costco, Circuit City, Staples and Comp USA.

All they have is older stuff in stock.

I cannot find this paper anywhere.

Could someone please tell me where I may find it and also the Cat# on the 8.5 X11 Gloss.

In the meantime I sent off an e-mail to Kodak about the very confusing way they are packaging this paper.

I am hoping they replace mine with the Color Last paper.
JohnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2004, 8:37 PM   #23

JohnS,
I got mine at CompUSA I grabbed the last one on the shelf. There was plenty of the other paper. For the 40 sheets HIGH GLOSS you should be looking for Kodak cat #889 2796
John G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2004, 8:41 PM   #24

Default Sam' Club has it

John S. : Here in Michigan anyway, Sam's Club is carrying it. It is a 75 pack however for $24.77. I did pick up a pack of 15 from our local Best Buy for $12.99. The new package has a photo of a wedding couple on it and will also say 'ColorLast Techonology' on the cover. The older paper will only say 'longer lasting photos' on the cover.

Don't know if it means anything, but with the older paper I always noticed a very strong odor after printing which is not present in this new version.

Hope this helps. On the 15 sheet pack, the cat number is:

811-0579

The 75 sheet pack the number is 878-4670.

The old stuff the pack number is: 116-0753 (25 sheets).

WJL100
WJL100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2004, 8:51 PM   #25

The paper that I had purchased was also Cat# 811 0579.

This is really getting confusing.

It looks like Ultima Picture Paper (old) and Ultima Picture Paper Colorlast (new) have the same cat#.

Kodak needs to get their act together with their catalog numbers.

It appears that they have old paper that gives poor results and new paper that is new and improved and they both have the same catlaog number.

I think Kodak has as many different papers as Epson has printers. It looks like they come out with something new every week!!!!

I just went to the Kodak website and all of the paper that you can order on line looks like the old stuff. No mention of Colorlast on the front cover.
Old Feb 25, 2004, 9:03 PM   #26

Default One additional thing I noticed

John S. One additional thing I noticed is that if you look on the back you will see a paper setting for Kodak's easy share one touch software. It tells you with the old paper to use paper type UPP-3-A. The new stuff says to use UPP-4-A. Not sure what all that means as I don't use the Kodak software. The front cover (and back) will say 'New ColorLast Technology' on it where the old paper won't so that is most likely what you want to watch for.

WJL100
WJL100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2004, 9:07 PM   #27

Thanks for the info.

Yes, mine is UPP-3-A.

I will keep an eye out for UPP-4A.

You would think that with something this new and improved" it would have a different catalog number.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 8:37 AM   #28

Those looking for the paper in Michigan area can pick it up at a local Meijer, that's where i found it.
pierce1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2004, 12:39 AM   #29

I bought a pack of the letter sized sheets of this new Kodak paper. I have to say that I was highly skeptical because of the terrible prints I made before with the Ultima paper. I was pleasantly suprised with these prints from my i9100. According to Kodak's website, for my printer (and I believe the i950/i960) the only setting you have to make in the driver is setting the paper type to Glossy Photo Paper; no color/saturation compensations. I can even just go into the Canon Easy Photo Print software to make a quck print. I did notice that the print on the Kodak shows more of the ink dotting than say on the Canon paper but I am attributing that to the top layer of the new formulation of the Ultima Paper.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2004, 9:43 AM   #30

I bought a pack of the new Ultima Picture Paper in 4x6 sheets. I was one of the few who was satisfied with the original Kodak paper. I used the recommended settings for my Canon i960 and was very pleased with the results. The new paper provides warmer skin tones than the original. The results are very similar to those I obtained from the Canon Papers.
RobN is offline   Reply With Quote