Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Mar 2, 2004, 9:30 AM   #1

Default EPSON 1270 Problem...

No not the orange shift ... ( Called EPSON about it too... they know "nothing" of orange shift buy back :roll: )

This printer was shelfed for about a year and a half since i havent been printing many large prints so I use a more economical and faster printer..

But recently I have been getting some serious ink pooling resulting in blotchy and grain prints... horrible might I add... using FujiFilm Premium Plus Glossy 8.5x11 stock... Ive tried using the Epson ICM which makes no diff... wether I print from photoshop/qimage etc... Ive cleaned and calibrated the head all tests complete fine... any ideas?? I had this problem once ovr a year ago and I cant for the life of me remember how I fixed it ... Help?
mrkryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:08 AM   #2

Default Re: EPSON 1270 Problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkryz
No not the orange shift ... ( Called EPSON about it too... they know "nothing" of orange shift buy back :roll: )

This printer was shelfed for about a year and a half since i havent been printing many large prints so I use a more economical and faster printer..

But recently I have been getting some serious ink pooling resulting in blotchy and grain prints... horrible might I add... using FujiFilm Premium Plus Glossy 8.5x11 stock... Ive tried using the Epson ICM which makes no diff... wether I print from photoshop/qimage etc... Ive cleaned and calibrated the head all tests complete fine... any ideas?? I had this problem once ovr a year ago and I cant for the life of me remember how I fixed it ... Help?
Make sure the settings are 1440 (highest res. on 1270 if i'm not mistaken), turn off high speed (if there is any). Color controls on but leave them all on zero or in the middle. Use the epson profile, make sure you have chosen the right paper in the software. If the problem remains, you might need to change paper. For example some ilford papers are horrible and is impossible to print on although smooth gloss are just fine. Try the epson premium glossy just to make sure.

And by the way, are you using original inks?
LCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2004, 12:48 PM   #3

Thanks for the response, and yes I am using the EPSON ICM profile, 1440 resolution, Original EPSON premium glossy & Fuji Premium papers... and I still am getting the same crappy results LOL... I even tried to photosop it into a 178Meg file of gargantuan resolution to no avail but all the printer diagnostics print 100% fine... hellllllllppppppppppp lol
mrkryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2004, 1:38 PM   #4

is it original ink also? Bad thirdparty ink might give problems like these.

How old is the ink cartridge?
LCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2004, 3:00 PM   #5

LCohen could easily have the answer for you unless you've already tried putting in new cartridges. I'd left my own 1270 just sitting for several months, not even thinking about the fact that these printers need to be turned on at least once a week whether they're used or not. No matter what I did, the prints came out with a sickly green tinge. I cleaned the heads, aligned, etc. to no avail. Finally, I gave up, changed the cartridges, and it immediately began printing in all its pretty colors.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote