Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Mar 21, 2004, 9:25 AM   #1

Default Where ca I buy Canon "Photo Paper Pro" paper?

Does anyone know a reputable and inexpensive seller of Canon Photo Paper Pro? I can't find it in the big office supply stores.
saralthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2004, 10:53 AM   #2

Give us a hint.. Where are you (State or Country).

Two really good replacement papers are Kodak Ultima and Red River (http://www.redriverpaper.com/).

Here in California I can get the Kodak and Canon papers at Staples and Fry's. I watch for the sales in the weekend papers and stock up.

(BTW this is really the wrong forum or you are looking for the wrong paper, Dye Sublimination is different than inkjet , with a dye sub you buy the paper with the "ink").
CastleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2004, 10:46 PM   #3
Administrator

Try this paper, as good if not better than Photo Paper Pro and less expensive too:

http://www.freephotopaper.com/stevesdigicams.htm

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2004, 11:00 AM   #4

This paper is VERY easy to obtain. CompUSA-always in stock, Amazon, B & H photo (online). If you print 13X19, Amazon usually has this paper instock with NO TAX and FREE SHIPPING.

Mike M
mmppines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2004, 11:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
Try this paper, as good if not better than Photo Paper Pro and less expensive too:

http://www.freephotopaper.com/stevesdigicams.htm

-Steve
Steve, I have not tried this paper so I can make no comment on its quality. However, is only barely cheaper than the OEM PPP-especially when its onsale- and there is no real guarantee as to its longevity and compatibility with OEM inks. Plus, it may need a profile-which is not mentioned in the ad.

As I sell my prints-I must be very wary

Mike M
mmppines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2004, 6:04 PM   #6

I saw your post on using Kodak Ultima paper with Canon printers. I have an S900 and tried Ultima about a year ago. The results were not good--splotchy. The paper did not hold the ink. Is the new Kodak paper better? If your results sre good, please let me know what settings you use. I just ordered an i9900 and wonder if Ultima will work with it.

Thanks in advance,

Rocco
ccpcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2004, 9:53 AM   #7

The new KodaK Ultima paper is a whole different league that it used to be. I have the i9100 and it prints great when set to Glossy Photo Paper.

See my posts in http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=57&page=2

dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2004, 1:50 PM   #8

Just got my i9900 yesterday and picked up some Kodak Ultima with ColorLast. I tried printing 4x6 with PPP, Glossy Plus and Gloss settings (all with Fine 1 setting and ICM enabled and disabled). PPP was the best, but there still seems to be very slight spoltchy texture (a little grainy), but not nearly as noticeable as the old paper. Canon PPP is still smoother and sharp at the same time. I'm giving the prints time to dry and will let you know if they improve. The prints are acceptable, but I wonder how noticeable the grain will be on enlargements. Sam's Club will let me return the paper if I am not satisfied.
I am waiting on Steve's recommended Canon Pro Paper Sampler. Will let you know the results on the i9900.
Old May 13, 2004, 12:16 PM   #9

I have the results from the new Kodak Ultima paper on the i9900 enlargements--Good, but with reservations. You can see dots--not as smooth as Canon PPP. Colors are more vibrant and more contrast than PPP. But, PPP is still the best. Red River closest--not dots but a little less vibrant. Still waiting on Steve's recommended paper. Paper going back to Sam's Club.
RedRiver 76lb. Premium Matte is excellent!
Old May 18, 2004, 11:41 AM   #10

Steve,

What settings are you using for the Canon i9900 and this Canon Pro paper that you recommend? I just received the paper sampler today and, to be honest, Canon PPP is better--better skin tones and less grainy at the PPP settings. At the Glossy Plus setting, less grain but still no punch in the colors (skin tones).