Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Apr 15, 2004, 5:26 PM   #1

Default Panoramic paper help

I'm looking to do some panoramic prints on my Epson 300 and am concerned about fading issues with the Epson Panoramic paper. Does anyone know the average life of a framed print on this paper when it is exposed to office flourescent lights?

I prefer the matte paper for this type of lighting enviroment but I can't find panoramic paper in matte finish. Is there such a thing or would I need to buy the large format paper and trim the edges?

Thanks,
Gary
garyalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2004, 10:12 PM   #2

I've been using the Epson Panoramic Paper to print panos for over 2 years now. I've had them framed and mounted behind glass and some are exposed to direct sunlight; I've had no fading problems yet. I don't know exactly how long the prints will last but the packaging says "improved, longer-lasting print life"; I'd imagine with your using an Epson printer with Epson inks they should last a good many years. BTW, if you want to get the Epson Panoramic paper I'd advise you to stock up; it's disappearing from some websites and others are outright saying that Epson has discontinued it. Aside from banner paper, I don't know of any other type of long paper for panoramics that's around --- matte, photo or otherwise.

Best Wishes,

Steve
sdwsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2004, 10:25 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I've sold a few prints in the past but have always had them printed by an online lab. I want to start printing more of my own photos but am just a little afraid of fade issues. I'm going to give this one a shot and see what happens.

Thanks again,
Gary
garyalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2004, 10:46 PM   #4

Well, for what it's worth, the fading issues aren't as "notorious" with Epson ink as they are with Canon, even though I've had printers from both companies and nary a fading problem yet. The Epson printer driver gives you the choice of using the Epson Panoramic paper so it's easy to use; it's a little more inconvenient to use the long paper in, say, Canon printers even though it can be done. Here is a link to my photo website which shows (in the Oly490Z category) a few of the panos I've printed out; they look great framed and matted ---

http://trailhiker.smugmug.com

Good luck and have fun!

Steve
Old Apr 24, 2004, 7:01 PM   #5

Where are you getting your panoramic paper from? I have tried compusa and such where they claim to sell it, but nothing.
almies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2004, 8:26 PM   #6

Hi,

I got my Epson Pano Paper from B and H Photo/Video over the Web, $14.50 plus shipping. I just checked the page and they say it's in stock, and I received my latest order of pano paper from them about a week ago. Here's the link ---

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...&O=&sku=157489

Best Wishes,

Steve