Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Sep 4, 2002, 12:41 AM   #1

Default Cheaper Alternatives for INKs and PAPER

I recently found reference to this site:

http://www.weink.com

They claim to have a continuous re-inking system for many brands (Canon, Epson, HP, etc) which includes 6 dye systems. Their starter kit is 200 bucks, and is equiv. to 10 ink cartridge bundles. The refill kit is 60 bucks, but you can actually buy by 4 oz, 1lb, and 8lb. For high volume printing, this sounds like an excellent solution, but I have no practicle experience with it, and I've found relatively few posts about it.

They do sell pre-filled cartridges, but they claim that the inks are not the same quality, and should not be used for professional applications.

I did find another site (www.tylermartin.com) ISO 9001 certified cartriges that sells bundles for about 15 bucks each, and single cartriges for $2.95 each.

With respect to cheaper paper that is compatible with the Canons, I found a medical imaging company (JetPrintImaging) that will send you free samples, and has reasonable prices for bulk paper orders - 100-1000 sheets. I've ordered the samples, but I've read that the results are not bad.

Can anyone shed light on these?

Thanks.
gbenoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links