Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old May 21, 2004, 7:02 PM   #1

I have messed up two sets of printheads. I suspect the culprit is cheap ink. Have tried to clean the heads by soaking in alcohol but they will work for one or two photos and then go bad. Anotherissue could be the fact that I am printing on card stock. I have been printing on and off for some three days and have less than 100 good 8.5x11 borderless images. The project I am working on, calendars for Christmas gifts/cards will require over 2,000pages. This is the fourth year I have done this project but I'm having trouble getting it done on my i960. Previous years I've used an HP2000.

I've been uncsuccessful in locating a source for the i960 printheads. Any suggestions? I'd welcome any ideas as to how to attack this project.

Lyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2004, 11:53 PM   #2

That's a pretty rigorous project fora consumer printer!

I have some passing experience with the professional print industry and do know that card stock can have variances in coarseness and secondary thickness. One thing I would suggest is making sure that your print head is not abrading against the paper. There is a setting that you can use to slightly increase theprint head/paper gap. In the printing preferences box, click on the maintenance tab, click the custom button, then check mark "prevent paper abrasion," then click the send button to maintain the setting. If you do that, I would think it might be a good idea torealign your print head.

Aside fromCanon and possibly watching eBay, all I could recommend is trying a Goggle search to find a new print head supplier.

Good Luck...
KCDoug is offline   Reply With Quote