Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old May 22, 2004, 9:39 PM   #1

I just tried printing with the 4x6 Kodak Ultima Paper (the new stuff w/Colorlast) and it doesn't fit properly in the i960 photo paper tray. It's too long-- I couldn't close the lid! I did get it to feed if I leave the lid open. But then the formatting is off leaving a half inch border on one end.

The Ultima is 4x6.5"!!!

That's rediculous. Anybody have any suggestions for formatting borderless printing usingCanon's EZ Photoprint softwarewithout having to use a paper cutter??

No more Kodak 4x6 for me.

-Doug-
KCDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 24, 2004, 10:38 AM   #2

Yea I found out the same thing , obviously you can load it into the lower tray but easy photo print justwon't work. I ended up printing directly from Photoshop..

CastleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2004, 5:03 PM   #3

Yeah, Kodak does that to all their 4x6 photo paper - that is false advertising! Notice the small asterisk next to 4x6* and it is explained in small print on the back. I ended up returning it to the store because it didn't fit.

EZ Photo Print is completely non-customizable, unfortunately. I contacted Canon's tech support to ask how to set color manually in EZ Photo Print and they basically said I'm out of luck. They really need to have a few basic features like access to printer driver settings and manual paper sizes/types. I don't like software that is dumbed down so much that it becomesalmost useless. Photoshop doesn't let me get borderless photos on the i960.
maseace is offline   Reply With Quote