Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Nov 27, 2004, 5:29 AM   #11

Hi

Thanks for that, I sat down in anger last night and wrote to canon along the lines of my last post so we will have to wait and see if they do anything.

I did tell them that the printer was used with a Canon 300D camera and various canon lens so I have a bob or two of their stuff, and went on to say that it was not a good advert for there service. etc.

Steve.
steelystrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 3:59 AM   #12

i am experiencing exactly the same problem over here! im in australia sydney and all of a sudden the printer is not workin as it should. It was working perfectly forever since i've had it about the last5 months, then I stopped using it for about 1 week and it started to go funny.

The problem with mine is that when printing with high resolution paper setting or anything above normal paper the result is a green or yellow tint in the printed picture, not a blue tint like you guys have. ive tried everything...changed cartridges, nozzle cleaning, even downloaded the new drivers from canons web site..nothing helped. Unfortunately i threw away the box so i can't return the damn thing.

if anyone out there knows how to fix this problem,...please help!! ive wasted so much ink and paper testing and trying to fix it. blardie pissing me off!

i965help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 5:29 AM   #13

ive just diagnosed and fixed the problem!!

Firstly do a nozzle check to see if all the ink cartridges are present.

If any are missing you will have to either replace that ink cartridge or check the nozzle. Sometimes what will happen with some cartridges is that it is not making contact between the sponge in the ink cartridge and the print head in the printer.

You can test this by removing all the ink cartridges and looking at the contact point on the print head to see if there is actually any ink on it. If there isnt, then as I said before you need to replace the ink cartridge or if the ink cartridge is a cheap one then you need to either clip it in properly OR take a toothpick and push the sponge down from the top of the ink cartridge.

Hopefully this helps and there is no confusion. Any questions please fill free to respond.

Finally I can get back to printing normally again.

=)
Old Dec 3, 2004, 3:26 PM   #14

Hi

Glad you have come up with a remedy, which if the problem reoccurs I will no doubt try (although will be takeing out insurance at the end of my 12 month warrenty)

One thing pussles me, when you say push the sponge down from the top...as far as I can see there is no access from the top, or am I wrong ? Or do you make access by drilling ?

I wondered if a gentle pull on the sponge from the bottom which is accessable would do the same thing...give a better contact with the actual head.

Steve.
Old Dec 3, 2004, 6:06 PM   #15

hehe, nope no drilling involved.

with my cartridge i found a hole at the top by pulling the plastic back a bit more...and a hole was revealed!

so it may be there in some cartridges, im not sure if its there in the original ones or other compatibles.

cheers.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 3:30 PM   #16

Hi

You're right, just had a look at some nearly empty compat's I removed prior to fitting the genuine ones to send it back for repair.

I pulled the label back to about half way and found that there was a grove running down from the top finnishing at this hole, which happens to be the size of an opened paper clip. As I do not intend to waste these cart's I will try this when my Canon ones run out. I would guess that this is to let air in other wise as the ink decreases a vacumm would be formed.

Thanks

Steve
Old Dec 9, 2004, 4:05 PM   #17

Hi

Just to add a final point and close this topic.

I have a friend who has the i865, he has rung me today asking if I know anything about problems with printers. I asked him to describe the prob' to me and yes you have guessed....same as the I965 in this topic.

Canon have a PROBLEM

His is just out of guarantee !!

Steve.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 1:42 PM   #18

Default Faint red lines

Hi every one
I am new to this forum, I am having the same problems only I have very faint red lines going down the photo's I print. It is worse when I print an A4 size Print. Has any one got any thoughts on this

Thank you

Rover 45
Rover 45 is offline   Reply With Quote