Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Sep 16, 2004, 8:55 AM   #1

Hi,

I have a Canon i965 which until recently has delivered beautiful prints day in day out. Now however, I have a problem. Although colours come out correctly when printing to, say, plain paper when I switch to high quality printing everything comes out way too blue. I'm talkling forget about trying to do it, pictures ruined time. It seems to be the settings as if I load plain paper in and tell the printer to print to high quality, then I get the same results.

I thought it could be the ink I was using (I tried a compatible for the first time) and bought a new set of compatibles from a different supplier but with exactly the same results. I have tried uninstalling the printer and re-installing the lastest Canon drivers but to no effect.

Can anyone please advise as I;m pulling my hair out now.

Many thanks in anticipation
BobbyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2004, 1:29 PM   #2

I've heard of third-party inksets clogging the printhead, but surely that would be obvious regardless of the quality setting. If you haven't already run the cleaning cycle, try that. If it gets a little better, you may have to perform a more thorough manual cleaning of the printhead (not just the flush the printer itself does).
gilfos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2004, 11:09 PM   #3

Try clicking the default settings and see what happens. Also try pulling the power plug for about 30 seconds and see if that resets the printer.

Skylark
skylark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2004, 11:42 AM   #4

Hi There, could not believe it when I saw your post, I have just come on the net to search this very problem. My i965 is just coming upto a year old this Christmas, has been running fantastic. But just this week this problem has started, prints perfect colour on plain paper but highly blue tinted and pale on high quality Canon photo paper.

Tried cleaning heads, deep cleaning, all to no avail, so I am in the same boat as you. Struggleing for idea's now.

Steve
steelystrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2004, 4:12 PM   #5

I have also started to notice the same problem with highly blue-tinted prints on glossy paper (So far all non-Canon papers with Canon inks)

I finally got around the problem by choosing the "Photo Paper Pro" setting instead of a glossy paper setting. It works fine, but what could be wrong?

I was going to buy some Canon paper, but from the posts it appears the problem is there also.

BBW
bigbadwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2004, 5:00 PM   #6

Hi There,

Well in the end I have just sent mine back to Canon as I only have 3 weeks left on the garantee. I was using Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy, and Photo paper Pro, both gave me this blue tint effect.

The final straw was that the printer started pulling in paper out of square then jambing so it had to go back.

Cost me £18 royal Mail ....not pleased !!

Steve.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 7:56 PM   #7

I really didn't like the solution I posted a couple of hours ago.:?

I went to the Canon web site. They don't address the problem as such. However there is a new driver :idea:, version 1.73. Mine was 1.00.

I downloaded and installed the newer drive, and that fixed the problem .

I hope others find that it works for them.

BBW

bigbadwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 1:08 PM   #8

HI BBW

Thanks for that info, when I get mine back I will check on which driver I'm running and update as necessary.

Steve.
Old Nov 26, 2004, 12:46 PM   #9

Hi All

Well I have received my printer back from Canon this morning. They have replaced the complete print head, as I suspected the problem would be. Pleased, it was just in warrenty.

What I'm NOT pleased about is that before I sent it off all cartridges were replaced with new Canon one's costing me over £40, Its back with only the black showing full the rest are 2/3rds EMPTY !!

And it cost me £18 to send it.

As the warrenty is about to expire I hve received a letter asking if i wish to extend the above for £39, I am going to accept this, although its not something I normally do. As I haven't the complete faith that it will last a further 12 months.

Steve.
Old Nov 26, 2004, 10:44 PM   #10

Contact canon about the ink usuage. I bought a i9900 and wasted alot of paper and ink because of black ink drips on the paper. It was a defective printer and I exchanged it at the store. I emailed canon about the loss and they said they couldn't reiumburse me for paper but sent me 3 free ink cartridges of my choice, no shipping.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
timothy015 is offline   Reply With Quote