Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Sep 19, 2004, 7:15 PM   #1

I was running out of Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy (270g/m2) that i normaly use with my Canon iPixma 3000 so i went to the local "Tech-store" and found that they didnt sell any Canon paper but they had some HP photo paper. So i bought two packets one with100 copies of HP everyday semi-gloss photo paper 10*15cm (170g/m2) and one with 20 copies ofHP A4 premium photo paper (240g/m2).

The HP A4 premium photo paper prints ok, maybe not as good as the Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy but still ok. Now to the sad part...the HP everyday semi-gloss photo paper prints like the worst thing I've ever seen!

I tested all availble paper types in the drivers and still the ink forms "pools" on the paper like it won't stick to the paper. And even after an hour the photo's are still "sticky" when you touch them (I still got 90 copies of this junk left)

Maybe it's just that they dont work with the Canon Ink/Printers or maybe it's just complete RUBBISH!
UnLoGiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 26, 2004, 2:04 PM   #2

some of the hp paper only works with hp printers. Check it on hp's web site before you buy. I made the same mistake of buying the hp preimun plus paper and it dosen't work on my Canon i960, but prints fineon the hp photosmart printers in the office.
hvt721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2004, 10:49 PM   #3

UnLoGiC wrote:
Quote:
I was running out of Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy (270g/m2) that i normaly use with my Canon iPixma 3000 so i went to the local "Tech-store" and found that they didnt sell any Canon paper but they had some HP photo paper. So i bought two packets one with100 copies of HP everyday semi-gloss photo paper 10*15cm (170g/m2) and one with 20 copies ofHP A4 premium photo paper (240g/m2).

The HP A4 premium photo paper prints ok, maybe not as good as the Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy but still ok. Now to the sad part...the HP everyday semi-gloss photo paper prints like the worst thing I've ever seen!

I tested all availble paper types in the drivers and still the ink forms "pools" on the paper like it won't stick to the paper. And even after an hour the photo's are still "sticky" when you touch them (I still got 90 copies of this junk left)

Maybe it's just that they dont work with the Canon Ink/Printers or maybe it's just complete RUBBISH!
Very interesting. I have a Canon i860 and use the "HP everyday semi-gloss paper" and it seems to work OK for me.The ink does not pool and seems to dry completely in an hour or so. The colors and resolution of the pictures seem fine to me. Perhaps I'm just too ignorantof what to expect to know if it is good or bad. If I can find a local store that carries Canon paper I'll give it a try and see if there is a big difference. The place I bought the printer does not carry Canon paper!!
Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2004, 1:50 AM   #4

The gloss on the canon pp and pr papers isalot better than any of the HP papers mentioned above you should really try to get hold of some :idea:
UnLoGiC is offline   Reply With Quote