Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Sep 22, 2004, 9:31 AM   #1

I am using a Canon i950 with my G5. I am using Illford Gallerie paper and have noticed that after awhile, a greenish tint will appear on the print. This does not appear right after it prints off.I use Canon Easy photo print with PSP 8.0 as my editor. I thought that it was where they were not completely dry and I stacked them on one another. This does not seem to matter. Any suggestions? Also, I am using a laptop with a high res display, but I cannot find a profile for it.
giro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 22, 2004, 8:51 PM   #2

giro, I will try to help.

If it's too green you have to add magenta. Green, blue and cyan can be difficult to distinguish. Like you, I use PSP. Now on PSP 9 and it works very well the Canon print driver.

The Canon driver is very weak (imo) but does allow cyan, magenta and yellow adjustments. The Canon "Easy Print" software is total junk and will not invoke custom color adjustments. You have to use what canon calls "application program" to use color adjustments.

Don't know if PSP 8 has a useable print interface. If not Irfranview (free) does.

All of this presupposes your monitor to be correctly color CALIBRATED. If you have doubts use wiziwyg (praxisoft.com).
mfchupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2004, 9:21 PM   #3

thanks, this greenish tint tends to appear after they dry. They look fine freash off the printer. i will try to tweak the colors on psp print interface. thanks.
giro is offline   Reply With Quote