Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Oct 28, 2002, 11:59 AM   #1

Default CANON i850 INK REFILL WARNING

I DO WEEKEND REP-ING FOR CANON PRINTERS & IN STEVE'S REVIEW OF THE NEW i850 ON PAGE 2 HE SAYS THE CARTRIDGES "ARE EASY TO REFILL"...WE'RE TOLD NOT TO RECOMMEND REFILLING CARTRIDGES (OUR INKS ARE SPECIALLY FORMULATED FOR OUR PHOTO PAPERS ONLY & OTHER PARTY INKS COULD SCREW UP THE NOZZLES & MAYBE RUN OR SMUDGE & SAID USE COULD NEGATE ANY WARRANTY PROTECTIONS)...THERE IS AN ARTICLE IN POPULAR PHOTOGRAPHY, AUG,2002 ABOUT REFILLING CARTRIDGES THAT GIVES PROS & CONS THAT IS INTERESTING READING...I SCREWED UP A PERSONAL PRINTER BY RESORTING TO AN INEXPENSIVE REFILL KIT...LIVE & LEARN
KAOS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2003, 3:01 AM   #2

Default To rerfill, or not to refill, that is the question

Inexpensive might be the problem there. Kits that are suposed to be for any printer like some of your walmart special kits don't always work well. I killed the heads on a lexmark printer with one of these. I would suspect that the chance is good that a pigment ink would clog easily on a dye based ink printer, especially with the small sizes of jets on some of the new ones. I hear weink and inkjet goodies works well with canon printers. Over on dpreview I found dozens of posts from people who use inkjet goodies with canon printers. They claim that color match is exelent and no one ever has a problem, in fact I did not find one single post from someone with a problem using this ink. Mine is on the way for my new i850. At 12.00 for a canon cartrige or 0.80 to refill with inkjet goodies, I think I'll have to risk it since I about ran my cartriges out the first day I had the printer. I guess I got a little over zellous printing. I'm sure canon would prefer you pay 12.00 per cart to them though.
rick is offline   Reply With Quote