Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Jan 6, 2005, 2:48 PM   #11

If Iam remembering correctly it only took a few days to arrive.Profiling is a tedious processand it can take some time to get it right. I've spent a lot of time reading through the PP support forum. But once you have it down there is nothing better. People are absolutely amazed at what great pictures I get out of my low end Canon printers (i560 andi860).

The $49 for 100 sheets is consistent with what I've found. I bought mineat Penn Camera in Washington DC. Check their website www.penncamera.comif you want to compare prices on the paper.

You may also want to check the links Nagasaki referred to. I think Ilford has some ready made profiles for the Pixma 4000.

DaiButsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 3:09 PM   #12

Are you better off using their profiles or creating your own?
str1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 3:34 PM   #13

My printers don't rate high enough to have any paper manufacturer bother to create a profile for them so I don't have the option. But I would hazard a guess that these ready-made profiles created for a specific printer model are a good place to start; however,a profile tuned to your specific printer would ultimately give better results. Only you can decide whether there is a large enough difference between the two to make creating your own profiles worth the effort. If nothing else, it gives you a chance to compare prints from your profile to prints from someone elses profile, which I believe helps with the learning process. And you won't always find a ready-made profile for every paper you might want to try.
DaiButsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 1:29 PM   #14

I found Sam's club to be about the cheapest place around for Ilford paper, selling the 100 pack of smooth glossy 8.5x11 for like $23.75. Sweet deal, the website shows they carry the smooth pearl also but my local store only had the glossy. Either way too good to pass up.
gipper51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 8:06 PM   #15

gipper51 wrote:
Quote:
I found Sam's club to be about the cheapest place around for Ilford paper, selling the 100 pack of smooth glossy 8.5x11 for like $23.75. Sweet deal, the website shows they carry the smooth pearl also but my local store only had the glossy. Either way too good to pass up.
I've read it's not the same stuff.
>If it's not the same, Ilford[/b] should use a different name, besides
>packaging. Call it special edition, or silver, or Sams special,
>whatever. It's not electronics, people don't look at the model #.
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22Sam's%20club%22%20ilford%20paper%20sca m&hl=en&hs=XXQ&lr=&client=firefo x-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial_s&sa=N&tab=wg

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2005, 7:42 PM   #16

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
gipper51 wrote:
Quote:
I've read it's not the same stuff.
>If it's not the same, Ilford[/b] should use a different name, besides
>packaging. Call it special edition, or silver, or Sams special,
>whatever. It's not electronics, people don't look at the model #.
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22Sam's%20club%22%20ilford%20paper%20sca m&hl=en&hs=XXQ&lr=&client=firefo x-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial_s&sa=N&tab=wg

I honestly don't know if it's the same or not. It has a picture of a butterfly on the box instead of a woman's face like most of their products. I haven't tried many papers as I'm pretty new to printing and this is my first box of Ilford. So far I have been very pleased with the printed results, and for theprice I'll buy more. It's at least as good as the Canon paper I've tried before.
gipper51 is offline   Reply With Quote