Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Jan 3, 2005, 1:21 PM   #1

Does anyone know the best place to by ilford paper? I like satin better than glossy but they seem to have several different flavors. What would you recomend for the pixma 4000? Thanks.
str1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 4, 2005, 10:08 PM   #2

What about their Pearl paper. What kind of finish does it have?
Old Jan 5, 2005, 2:28 PM   #3

I love the Ilford pearl finish photo paper, the finish is a low gloss sheen. I buy mine here http://www.7dayshop.com I'm not sure where they deliver to, or where you're based.
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 2:36 PM   #4

Thanks for the response. I'm in the US. What are the differences between the smooth and classic? What kind of printer are you using?
Old Jan 5, 2005, 5:20 PM   #5

I bought some Classic Pearl last week and I'm having a very difficult time profiling this paper with my Canon printer. I like the look of the paper, but it's been the most difficult for me of any paper I've used.

My absolute favorite is FujiFilm's Silk paper. Unfortunately I've onlybeen able to findit in Japan. Now that I've returned to the US my supplies are running out and I'm desperately seeking an available Satin/Silk/Luster finish paper.
DaiButsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 5:36 AM   #6

I'm using an Epson printer and the results look good to me. I've only used the Smooth so I can't comment on the Classic but there is some information here http://www.ilford.com/html/us_englis.../PaperType.pdf. I used the parameters specified here http://www.ilford.com/html/us_englis...guidetoprt.htmto set up my printer. For some printers Ilford also profide profiles http://www.ilford.com/html/us_englis...ES/default.aspbut not for mine.
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 10:24 AM   #7

I ordered Profile Prism last week so I'm hoping that will let me profile the paper without to much trouble. Did you have any trouble with the paper not drying well?
Old Jan 6, 2005, 10:40 AM   #8

Well I just found a local photo shop here in northern Kentucky that has the smooth pearl. I called and they are only $49 for 100 sheets 8.5 X 11 . That doesn't sound like to bad of a price.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 12:37 PM   #9

Please post how things come out with Profile Prism and whatever Ilford paper you get. I'm using it to try to profile the Classic Pearl I have. I'm sure it's possible;it has been a fantastic tool with other papers I've used. I just haven't had the time to figure out the nuances of the Ilford paper.

For what it's worth, I just ordereda coupleRedRiver Satin papers. I'll let you know how they work, once I get them.
DaiButsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 12:56 PM   #10

Will definetly keep you posted and may even hit you up for some help with Prism. Do you remember how long it took to get the program after you placed the order? How does that $49 price sound to you?