Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Feb 22, 2005, 9:20 PM   #11

That is interesting. I wish I could isolate the greenish cast to one or two colors. I switched out the inkgrabber cyan and photo cyan with MIS-it made a slight improvement but certainly still objectionable. That's when I started thinking it has to do with the Magenta and photo Magenta also. But who knows. It takes too long and too much paper to switch one at a time, purge and test.
eddie_kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 4:22 PM   #12

I just order this set from ebay.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT. The samples they show look very promising. Will let you know if this is a good brand. I am also waiting for answer from them to see if they carry the green and red inks.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 9:38 PM   #13

I'll be real interested to hear how that new ink is working. It certainly seems promising.

I have a bunch of 4x6 canon plus and some larger size canon pro, so I won't be buying paper for awhile. When I do, I'm planning to go with the Costco, Kirkland. I'm not a member, but its still a great price when you order online and add the 5% surcharge for non-members.

Ed
Old Feb 25, 2005, 9:49 PM   #14

Now i'm suspicious. I checked those AQX comparison pictures and they are all identical to the Canon. No difference at all, which makes me think they are simply copies. If I could see any difference, I wouldn't be so distrusting. If I'm wrong and they are that close, then you've found a great ink source. We'll see.

Ed
Old Feb 25, 2005, 10:09 PM   #15

Check the blue table cloth out in the second picture down. The blue seems more deep or Bluer, on the AQX side as well as the wine labelwhich also seems a shade or two darker.

I have been pondering these inks myself, but have found no reviews on them. I also will be interested in your results.
dishinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 12:45 AM   #16

I talked to one of the guys from the company who sells the AQX inks today and he seems like a good, knowledgeable guy. He says they do a lot of research and testing before releasing their inks. He also said that they are about to release the two missing inks for the i9900 (red and green), but that they are going to test them intensively first. Another project they are working on is a paper which is especially formulated to work with their inks.

Anyway, I'll check them out and let you know. I paid $8.50 for 6 cartridges,toolittle to not be worth a try.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 9:48 AM   #17

I couldn't find any website for them other than their ebay store. Do you know if they have a website?

Ed
Old Feb 26, 2005, 9:52 AM   #18

rduve,

BTW, I came across the thread you started on the Panasonic forum. I also keep thinking about the FZ-20 to replace my Olympus C-750, but I think I'll wait to see what Canon comes out with next. I tried out a FZ-20 yesterday at Circuit City. I was amazed how nice the manual focus works, with the focus ring and the hi res EVF. Very impressive.

Anyhow, the way they jumped all over you for your statements was ridiculous. I found nothing wrong with your statement and how you qualified your opinion. Those are just folks looking for drama in their lives. Too bad.

Ed
Old Feb 26, 2005, 10:31 AM   #19

Yeah, some of those guys can be a little "cultish", but I did learn a valuable lesson. The only reason why my Canon seemed so much sharper was because the default in-camera sharpening setting was higher. I had thought it was the better optics or processor. I can get the same result when setting the "Sharp" setting to high in the Panasonic. Another advantage, other than the gerat zoom of course, is low light focusing. The Canon would drive me nuts trying to fish for focus in low light until my kids were no longer smiling. The FZ20 nails it right on, except for when it is really dark. Thenthe viewfindergoes black and you can't see anything.

I am very happy with the Z20.You saw that since I bought it and love it, I am in good standing with the "Panasonians" in that forum again.

:-)
Old Feb 26, 2005, 10:48 AM   #20

Oh, by the way, the guy I talked to from the ink company said that he was the one running their whole ebay operation under the name of AQX. However, the ink company is called Masterjet or something and they are going to brand it under different names. He said several generic ink dealers are starting to use their ink because it is better, but sell it under their own name.

I will try it out and let you know. Nothing beats experience.

Rainer