Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Mar 8, 2005, 3:25 PM   #41

I decided today to ship my remaining inkgrabber carts back to them since they have the new ink that is supposed to be a better match. They are called "G&G" Brand. I'll post the results when I get it, but it won't be for a couple of weeks. -Ed
eddie_kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 4:09 PM   #42

Let me know. I wasn't too happy with G&G when I tried it in the past. But I would like to hear your experiences. Try the AQX inks by Master-Jet from ebay. They are working fine at +5 magenta/-5 cyan.

I also want to check out the MIS inks next time. Neil Slade speaks highly of them and says they do not have a green cast.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 9:02 PM   #43

When I had the trouble with Inkgrabber, I bought a couple of the MIS Cyan and Photo Cyan. It did improve the Inkgrabber results but still plenty of cast. I'll let you know about G&G and you let me know about MIS. MIS, at $5, is almost the price of getting Canon off of Ebay but of course, without the hassle of bidding.

If G&G doesn't work out, I'll give AQX a try next. -Ed
Old Mar 9, 2005, 1:59 AM   #44

Here is what I have determined to work perfectly for me. The AQX inks (labeled Acu Jet) from Master Jet, EXCEPT for the Photo Cyan. That has to be the Canon OEM. Master-Jet does not yet make the red and green inks. I got a couple of thosewith thePrint-Rite label. Thiscombination works great for me. Perfectly. With some high gloss papers I have to slightly adjust the color balance (less cyan, more magenta), but other than that it works fantastic. The key seems to be to use the Canon Photo Cyan. I have not found a generic match for it.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 9:52 PM   #45

Very interesting. I'll try the G&G and if they don't work well, maybe i'll try switching in a Canon Photo Cyan. I might also order some AQX. I like the idea of the bigger tank area. Did you see that as being an advantage? Is it really larger?
Old Mar 9, 2005, 11:42 PM   #46

Oh yeah, they are definitely about 30% or more larger.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 12:22 PM   #47

Hey rduve and Eddie (and others),

Thanks so much for you efforts regarding B/W photos with a green hue. I've been searching through all sorts of articles, the Canon online troubleshooter, etc. to no avail - but finally your conversation has helped!

-rob
Rob_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 9:15 PM   #48

I've ordered some AQX ink and the new Inkgrabber Ink. I'll report here on my results when they arrive. -Ed
Old Mar 15, 2005, 1:34 AM   #49

Cool, let us know. I am running a mix of AQX, Canon, and Print-Rite (with Canon Photo Cyan) on generic Canon Paper (made by International Paper) from Ebay and it works quite well.
Old Mar 20, 2005, 6:59 AM   #50

It looks like Canon's genuine cartridges are considered overall "Best" from what I've read. However, the cost is substantial compared to other compatible inks. Is anyone familiar with the best source for buying genuine Canon inks at prices better than you'd find at retail stores?

I'd like to get combo packs to save a little extra if those were available.

Best regards - Jim

PS I'm a so-called newbee to digital photography and this forum.
jdtech410 is offline   Reply With Quote