Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Aug 11, 2005, 8:18 AM   #61

Try this link for some free Profiles for the I9900.

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=8

You have to be using a program that uses profiles, like photoshop CS, Picture Window, Qimage and I believe Paint Shop Pro and the Corel Paint. Not sure about those last two.

Ed
eddie_kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 3:12 PM   #62

Thanks for the quick reply...

I was looking on inkgrabber.com -- I don't see any ink with the name brand "G&G". What am i missing? Are all of inkgrabber's inks by G&G?
Rubia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 3:20 PM   #63

Yes, they switched over to G&G awhile back. I just got the Prism Profile program and am playing with it now. It takes some messing around with scanner settings to get good results, but I can see the potential to tweak the colors till they are just right.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 10:01 PM   #64

I have an i9900 printer and have just run into my first problem with refilling my cartridges with ink.* The pictures are coming out with a blue hue.I*have read this entire forum and see that it looks like inkgrabber.com inks work well.Before I buy, I would like to confirm that they are good and produce quality results.Thanks,
SibHusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 10:42 PM   #65

You will probably need a custom profile to take care of the color shifts from using different ink. I'm using profile Prism from ddisoftware for making custom profiles for my ink and paper combination. Its takes some time and effort but worth it in the end to be able to make profiles for any ink/paper combo you might use in the future.
Old Sep 25, 2006, 2:13 PM   #66

A blast from the past. I am picking up this long forgotten thread to give you guys an update. Since last year, I tried many different generic inks as you have seen in my postings here. Four printheads and a lot of headaches later, I am now only using Canon OEM inks. ALL of the other inks would create trouble with color balance, banding, and clogged printheads. Fortunately Canon replaced those heads under warranty at no charge, but I learned my lesson. Since going back to Canon inks, color balance has been perfect, no banding and consistently beautiful prints. Even after returning from a month-long vacation, the printer did not need cleaning, but immediately produced great looking prints. Man, am I glad that I don't have that headache of hunting after the perfect generic ink anymore.There is none.

Rainer

rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2006, 2:13 PM   #67

sorry double post
Old Sep 25, 2006, 3:36 PM   #68

Hey there, long time, no hear. Guess what. On my newer IP4000, I am only using Canon inks too after trying several generics. Same experience. Even with Profile Prism, I could never get perfect color balance in the gray areas. I just placed an order with Amazon for more ink. $9.99 each with free shipping. Have you found a better price on Ink?

Ed
Old Sep 25, 2006, 4:01 PM   #69

Good to hear from you, Eddie. I am going to stick with my i9900. Photo quality wise I don't think there is anything better out there. And the archival quality is excellent as long as the pictures are under either glass or a transparent sheet in an album. Prints do fade, however, if displayed without any covering. What's your experience with the ip4000? How does it compare.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"To answer your question, the lowest price for the BCI-6 cartridges is definitely $9.95. Amazon offers the 8-pack for $68.85 incl. shipping. That's by far the lowest price anywhere.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Hope all is well and stay in touch.

Rainer

euromaninla.zoto.com/galleries
Old Sep 25, 2006, 4:01 PM   #70

Good to hear from you, Eddie. I am going to stick with my i9900. Photo quality wise I don't think there is anything better out there. And the archival quality is excellent as long as the pictures are under either glass or a transparent sheet in an album. Prints do fade, however, if displayed without any covering. What's your experience with the ip4000? How does it compare.

To answer your question, the lowest price for the BCI-6 cartridges is definitely $9.95. Amazon offers the 8-pack for $68.85 incl. shipping. That's by far the lowest price anywhere.

Hope all is well and stay in touch.

Rainer

euromaninla.zoto.com/galleries