Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Feb 27, 2005, 12:59 PM   #1

Free papersamples areavailable at freephotopaper.com http://www.freephotopaper.com/freeoffer.htm

Afteryou've selected yoursamples be sure to check out our50+digital camera tips. Don't miss the free monthly tips and techniques for better ink jet printing offeredatour home page.Before you leave visitour storetocheck ourselection andprices.You canbe confidentthat you'regettingthelowest price on all your printer supplies. (excluding thesmaller quantities, which arecompetitively priced)
Rick
freephotopaper.com[/u]

freephotopaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 28, 2005, 6:21 PM   #2

Offer has been closed already.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 7:37 PM   #3

I justcheckedthe offer andeverything is working fine.

Nothing has been closed.

If you are having problems please contact me directly and I'll personally make sure that you get the samples you're looking for.

Rick

Rick@FreePhotoPaper.com

Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:13 PM   #4

Can someone help me out please. I have been trying to contact Rick at Freephotopaper.com. I have sent emails via his web site and previous emails but get no answer.
JeffG53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:29 PM   #5

I had to turn off my catchall account after it got spammed.

Contact me at rickt2@cox.net

Old Jun 22, 2005, 12:30 AM   #6

Thanks Rick. It's on the way.
JeffG53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 3:59 AM   #7

Your bonus pack and some new samples are being sent today. Sorry for any inconvenience thisdelay may have caused. Rick
Old Jun 23, 2005, 10:31 AM   #8

And if anyone wants a reference as to how good this paper is, and the inks, just contact me. Rick is super efficient and has supplied me with over 1,000 sheets from 7x5 to A3+ over the last two months, plus about 40 ink cartridges, all delivered here in Europe within 10 days. The quality is outstanding, although i will say the gloss is better than the matt. I shall shortly be ordering again because I sold 400 prints at a golf competition I was hired to do, and would have sold a heck of a lot more if there hadn't been a power cut. I use 11.8 mm gloss for Canon, having a i9950 printer. Good on you Rick!

cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 10:32 PM   #9

I have had very bad experiences with the ultra glossy photo paper from Rick Tunning at freephotopaper.com. After Steve's recommendation, I purchased several hundreds of 4x6 as well as 8.5x11 sheets for my Canon i9900. I found that the results were very very grainy, which seems to be a general issue with the swellable polymer type of coating and I am now avoiding this type of paper. Instead I am using only the Microporous/nanoporous paper type as discussed in the Tech Corner of September 2004 (http://steves-digicams.com/techcorne...mber_2004.html). The Epson Glossy Paper, Canon Pro, and any instant drying paper fall into this category, so does the 11 mil. "Canon PRO" paper from freephotopaper.com. The 9 mil. Ultra Glossy "Canon PRO" paper, however, is not just a thinner version of the same paper, but a completely different type of paper. It is a lot more glossy, not instant dry and yields a lot poorer results with high-speed Canon Printers, such as my i9900. Due to the high printing speeds the results on this and any other swellable polymer paper are particularly poor and individual dots are very visible.

After printing several hundreds of images onto the ultra glossy 9 mil. paper from freephotopaper.com, and storing the printed sheets for just a few weeks in transparent protective sheets,they started to bleed and blur beyond acceptability. (This was apparently caused by the paper sticking to the protective sheets, even after having dried for days before insertion) I had to reprint all of them onto otherpaper (my preference: Epson Glossy Photo Paper and more recently the fantastic Kirkland Professional Glossy Inkjet Photo Paper) and the problem neverreoccurred. I informed Rick at freephotopaper of my experiences. He at first dismissed it and blamed it on the ink or protective sheets I was using. I explained to him that this problem did not occur with other types of paper, regardless of ink brand or other factors. I sent him sample sheets to show how his paper deteriorated vs. the same prints on Epson paper. He took notice and said he'd add the issue to his FAQ section on his website (which I cannot find there). When I asked him about his so-called "no questions asked" 5-year warranty and requested for him toreplace (with the better 11 mil glossy paper) at least a few of the hundreds of sheets of paper I had to reprint (let alone the ink wasted), he suddenly stopped replying to my e-mails and would not honor his warranty. So, this whole thing left a really bad impression on me, and I don't trust the guy's business ethic, quite honestly. Also, his paper is not much cheaper than the original Canon or Epson Papers, and it is significantly more expensive than the far superior Kirkland paper from Costco.

Thumbs down on freephotopaper from me.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote