Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Nov 28, 2002, 9:34 PM   #1

Default Is Epson Glossy photo paper any good?

Epson Glossy Photo Paper
8 " x 11" 89 Brigh

Costco online has 100 @ 19.99usd

Sounds cheap to me?

Thanks
Jimsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2002, 10:28 AM   #2

I've been using it with a Canon S9000 with good results. I'm really new at this printing/photography thing, so I'm nowhere near a connoisseur. I've never tried any of the Canon papers, so I don't know what "the best" looks like for the 9000. For the money (I get mine at Costco too), I'm more than satisfied with it. I've also used Office Depot Premium, which is a little thicker and brighter. Printwise, I can't tell the difference between the two, but the OD feels more substantial. There's lots of online deals for the OD paper (coupons, etc.) that'll make the price comparable to the Epson papers. The DPReview website has a most excellent "Printers & Printing" forum you might be interested in, if you've not been there yet. Good Luck!!
ShortBusCandid8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2002, 10:19 PM   #3

Thanks for the info.

I will look into OD..
Jimsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2002, 10:14 PM   #4

I have been buying Epson paper at Costco for quite a while. It is great paper and at 19.99 per 100 you can't beat it. If you live near a Costco as I do, you also won't pay any shipping. And if you are really lucky and live in Delaware you won't pay any sales tax.

Costco is the best. They only sell quality and they treat their members great.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2002, 6:38 AM   #5

I use Redriver paper. You can find it at this address:
http://www.redriverpaper.com/

You can order a sample pack that contains 30 different papers to determine which works best for the project you want to print. The UltraPro Gloss 68lb produces excellent results. The site also provides a list of papers that work best with your printer.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2002, 7:07 PM   #6
lg

Default Recommend Kodak...

Epson Glossy Photo paper is very good. The best buy on paper I have found that provides the sharpest, clearest glossy prints from my inkjet printer is Kodak Premium Picture Paper, 8 1/2" x 11" Heavy Weight (59lb) Hi Gloss, 75 sheets for under $20 at Sam's.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2002, 8:04 PM   #7

I have using the Epson Gloss paper from Costco
for the past few years.

I have been using it with an Epson EX and now on aCanon S9000..

I get great results with this paper.

You can't beat it for the price!!!!!!
JohnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2003, 2:46 AM   #8

For those of you using Epson glossy photo paper with your latest Canon photo printer, yes the Epson paper works well, but if you tip the print so that the light reflects off of it, you'll notice a lot of uneven ink buildup, which is probably a minor issue...once you print on Canon Photo paper pro, you will never go back, unless money is a huge issue to you...the finish is so much better...I also tried Kodak and the heaviest, best glossy paper, HP Premium Plus, but they did not work as well on my Canon printer (S820)
marcoangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2003, 10:23 AM   #9
lg

I've noticed ink buildup on prints at 2880 dpi on the Kodak paper. Thanks for the tip, Johnny! Perhaps I'll give the Canon paper a try...
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2003, 11:33 PM   #10

Is there much of a difference between Canon Glossy Photo Paper (GP-201) and Canon Photo Paper Pro (PR-101) ??

I just got my Canon i850 and have only printed with the bundled Canon Photo Paper Pro 4x6 cards. The prints were amazing !

The Photo Paper Pro is quite costly however. Would the Canon Glossy Photo Paper be comparable ? If not, what would be the next best paper under Photo Paper Pro ?

Thanks !!
welfaredog is offline   Reply With Quote