Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Mar 19, 2005, 12:55 PM   #1

Hello, Could anyone tell me what the best refills are forthe Canon i960 and where to buy them in the Uk? I have been driving myself insane surfing the net. All websites seem to lead to American distributers.

[align=center]Any help on this subject would be much apprieciated. [/align]

Scroamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2005, 9:59 AM   #2

Hi,

I live in the republic of Ireland and i use this supplier in the US. http://inkjetsaver.com/6cp.html
I find them great to deal with and cheap.

regards,

jon
John Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 1:32 PM   #3

Another UK oulet is-:

http://www.ishop.co.uk/product?searc...on+Refill+Kits

There are a few if you 'Google' Canon Refills.

Note:
Stay well away from 'Universal inks', if its for Canon you want 'formulated ink' specially for Canon, or whatever the brand of printer is

Davy
davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2005, 12:41 PM   #4

I tried the Canon compatible bulk ink from Aktive Computers in Derbyshire, UK, but unfortunately their idea of compatible and mine are totally different. The magenta is far too strong, the cyan and yellow far too weak. This means that everything you print has aheavy red tint (more so on the IP3000 that doesn't have the contrast black cartridge) and no amount of colour prefs adjustment will give a decent output.

I'm going to have to find a different source of supply, although at the moment I'm buying new compatible cartridges for around 0.80p per cartridge, and they really are very good indeed.
Mender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2005, 12:47 PM   #5

It's a shame www.Inkjetgoodies.com no longer ship to the UK, I've been using their refillable cartridge bodiesand inks with various Canon printers for over 2 years, absolutely no problems at all and excellent colour rendition, works out around £1.10 (25p per cartridge) to refill. Luckily I have friends in the US who I get it shipped to and then pick it up when we go on holiday
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2005, 9:09 PM   #6

please contact:

www.continuousink.com
meysinopis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 6:11 AM   #7

I've just bought refills from

http://www.bs-print.co.uk

The colour seems to be a good match to OEM
pebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 7:10 AM   #8

Scroamer2 wrote:
Quote:
Hello, Could anyone tell me what the best refills are forthe Canon i960 and where to buy them in the Uk? I have been driving myself insane surfing the net. All websites seem to lead to American distributers.

[align=center]Any help on this subject would be much apprieciated.[/align]
I've been doing some research for myself and found a supplier in Holland that seems to be supplied by the same overall ink manufacturer as MIS (which was a surprise as I always thought MIS made their own)

The company are on http://www.refillink.biz but couple of things to note:
1. The site is truly awful and put me off but having spoken at length with the owner it's clear they know what they're talking about (the site is just in need of a LOT of TLC)

2. The owner is currently on a week long conference along with most of the rest of the refill market it seems so if you have specific questions you may not get answers until next week.

I should note that I've not had a chance to check out the inks or other kits as yet as I'm in the process of buying a new house, packing, etc.. but it's worth a look.

Cheers

Martin
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 4:45 PM   #9

I print a lot of photos and tried a few suppliers but I've stuck with www.selectafont.co.uk for my canon s9000 (same cartridges as i960) for a couple of years now. I started with their cartridges and then moved to their bulk ink. Colours seem very accurate and ink is formulated to canon's specifications. David and Maggie Hills are very helpful and delivery is fast.Last week the site was closed due to illness so I tried some new cartridges from www.happyprinter.com - very cheap and colours seem accurate.

Hope this helps,

Chris

wakeman is offline   Reply With Quote