Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Mar 28, 2005, 10:35 AM   #1

I have a refill kit from AcuJet, I lost the instructions. I wondered if you could help me find out the order that the refill tubes go in on a hp c8728a tri color print cartridge?
jojojeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2005, 10:51 AM   #2

Try the Oddparts instructions: http://www.oddparts.com/ink/hp28.htm

Most instructions for the sponge HP color cartridges are the same. They have you wait until the color is empty and then add a limited amount of ink. The problem with the HP cartridges is that if you overfill the cartridge so the sponge doesn't hold all of the ink, you can contaminate adjacent heads via capillary action when the ink comes out the head.

Someone on another board suggested many years ago to use a needle in a syringe to sample the ink and add ink until you are near the top – like maybe 1/4 inch. That has two advantages. You don't have to wait for the color to be empty, which avoids some print head clogging issues. And you can get the cartridge nearly full without contaminating adjacent colors. You still want to dab the head with a paper towel immediately after filling. And you are much better underestimating than overestimating how much more you can add.

Once I started filling my cartridges that way I had no more problems with HP color. I never used that exact cartridge, but I think the sponge based tri-colors are all about the same.

If you fill the black look up the Oddparts instructions for that with the set screw. The set screw works better than other methods and makes it really easy to fill the cartridge. The only way you can screw up with the black is to puncture the rubber liner with a sharp needle. And you have to squeeze the cartridge while sealing it to make a vacuum.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote