Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Apr 3, 2005, 10:27 PM   #1

hi this is my first posting here...

i have a canon i9900 and am looking for a double-sided matte photo paper. epson double-sided matte has dissapointing results, as the print quality for photos is not spectacular and it is possible to see through the other side. i do like the brightness it provides however.

i will be using this for architectural portfolios which is why i need double-sided paper.

thanks!
thevelourfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2005, 8:26 AM   #2

Buy from freephptopaper.com as recommended by Steve. Even though I live in europe I buy from them for the quality and the price, which, even after delivery costs, is cheaper than here. The matte paper is good but only 9mil thick, so a bit flimsy but at the price I couldn't argue. There is the choice on the site of Konica single or double sided matte paper for Canon printers. Go here:-

http://www.freephotopaper.com/ProPaper-sdc.htm

Hope that helps
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 9:25 AM   #3

I recommed Tetenal 130gr, two sided matte for A3 or A4. This is great paper for quality price and for the fact that it's hard and without transparency despite its thinness.
However it is a bit bueish which tends to darken the results a bit, enhancing the constrasts. you have to modify your setting to get better (but great) results.
janlef is offline   Reply With Quote