Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Apr 16, 2005, 5:12 PM   #1

They have stated there ink is essentially an exact match to OEM Canon and others manufacturers for that matter...

I have new MP780 and S820(2yrs old)..I have used only Canon inks since I am printing the family pics..and supposedly using canon paper(I use 4x 6 glossy photo plus) and there ink it is suppose to last 25yrs...

If you do not like Sift ...who if anyone would you recommend for aftermarket inks

Thanks
nealh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2005, 2:54 AM   #2

I have used InkGrabbers cartridges with good results on my i960 & iP5000 Your printer, I believe uses the same ink as my iP5000. See Neil Slades Ink Shootout:

http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inktest.html

See also:

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=24

I havepicked up some bulk ink from MIS to refill my empty cartridges with, so have no real experience yet as to quality, but many comments I have read are good.

Do a search for 3rd party inks on this forum & on: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1003
dishinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 7:04 AM   #3

thanks for the great info

I picked and have used a refill kit from Costco($17)..it is IMS refill kit...it has worked fine on my older HP 930c...but I do not print photos with it..primarily text
Old Apr 17, 2005, 1:43 PM   #4

Your welcome.In regards to IMS ink,the major Printermanufacturers spendHundreds of Thousandsor more$$$ to optimize ink & paper with their printer output, I would not use an ink that is suposedly compatible with so many different brand printers in my iP5000 or my i960 photo printers. I want them to perform as close to OEM specs as possible. And with my iP5000, I want the pigmented Black print for my documents. As far as IMS ink use on older/lesser qualityprinters, if it works well, then I would use it.

dishinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 1:56 PM   #5

I agree 100%..I have owned the S820 for 2yrs and only Canon Ink so far..I may try swift ink..since the S820 is making a bad noise when feeding paper and maybe on its last leg..in my new MP780..not sure but probably only canon brand at least for now

HP930c is like 4-5yrs old and works great but these printers the print head is on the cartridge not separate unit
Old Jul 20, 2005, 2:59 PM   #6

I'm familiar with Swift Inks and know that there cartridges are some of the best aftermarket ones available. Everything is specified to the OEMs and you shouldn't even notice a difference in terms of quality. I currently use cartridges from their same source in my Epson C86, which is harder to replicate because they use the durabrite inks and I am very happy with the results.
matt177d is offline   Reply With Quote