Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old May 24, 2005, 9:21 PM   #1

Okay so I switched to Acujet generic ink in my new ip4000 after my canon OEM carts ran out and ren into a slight brick wall. All of the colors are fine to my untrained eye except when it needs to print dark green or black or anything dark it blobs up and doesn't dry. This hasn't effected the matte paper, but all the satin and glossy papers that worked fine before are no longer usable. I traded out all of the cartridges except the big black that isn't used in the photo printing. Any ideas on the problem.??? B&W prints fine on all paper.
shardcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 25, 2005, 6:50 PM   #2

The problem is simple. The generic ink is not compatible with your paper. This just one of many reasons for not using generic in cartridges or ink refill kits. Your printer is designed to use a specific formulation of ink. If you use any other, you risk the possibility of damage to your print heads, poor print quality, voiding your warranty among others. The simple solution...bite the bullet and spend the money for the ink cartridges specified in your printer manual.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 10:40 PM   #3

Thanks, That is what I assumed, well I'll just not worry to much about it and go back to the OEM inks. I don't print that much anyways.
Thanks
B
shardcat is offline   Reply With Quote