Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Jan 22, 2006, 12:32 PM   #21

Still no problem with the InkjetGoodies inks but I've had problems with the current offerings from Choice Stationery, they are using different cartridge bodies with smaller sponges and a non-round aperture (where the ink transfers to the printhead) both myself and another user have reported problems of leaking cartridges to them. I also got a couple of sets from RedShark (also known as Inkjet Cartridges PLUS) and they were terrible, the prints were very dark with oversaturated colours.
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2006, 9:26 AM   #22

I'm still using old stock from Choice Stationary. They are branded 'inkyJet' in a yellow carton andare very good. The new types sold by Choice are claimed to hold 30% more ink but pro rata are much more expensive.

I looked around for alternative suppliers and came across

http://www.simplyinkjet.com/acatalog...artridges.html

They sell the same 'inkyJet' carts but at less than £1 per cart! When I need replacements again I intend to give them a try.
pebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 2:52 AM   #23

All the catridges I've receivedfrom Choicehave beenin the usual blue/white "Think" boxes.

Thanks for the link, I'll order a couple of sets to try
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 8:38 PM   #24

I have good experience with http://www.bestdu.com

also find this coupon for 40% code RCINKSPE40
below is what they say about their ink:
Top quality USA made premium ink optimised to best match the original genuine ink profile.
ian75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2006, 8:35 PM   #25

Katybean wrote:
Quote:
I have tried some cheap ink refill kits for all colours on my canon pixma3000, and it's not been good. Compared to the proper canon ink, the quality is appauling. Has anyone found this? It's a false economy. I thought it was my printer packing in, but the white lines and wierd blues etc must be down to the crap ink quality. This happened as soon as I refilled my cartriges. Anyone experience similar?
Yes indeed, over the years I have watched many having much trouble with almost all of those "Extremely Expensive" refill kits which are on the market.

For about 15 years now, I have been using a small refill company which gives personalized service, and has excellent inks at very reasonable prices. When you call, you will most always have the phone answered by the owner himself, who will work with you to give you all the information that you need, even if you do not buy from him.

But to date, he has supplied inks and supplies to me for refilling HP, while we wore out 4 printers, and then supplied inks and supplies to me for refilling Canon printers, of which we have worn out 3 printers, and are now working on our 4th and 5th Canon printers.

His inks has always worked flawlessly in every printer. I have lost count on how many HP cartridge that I have refilled. Starting with the HP 500, I could get around 30 refills on a cartridge before the cartridge would start to fail. And those failures was not by jets becoming pluged, but by the internal circuits failing which caused half the print head to not work. When those printers wore out, I bought another HP printer, only to find that they had changed the ink cartridges, and I was unable to get more than 3 - 5 refills on a cartridge before the Cartridge would burn out. After that I switched to the Canon S600 for both myself and for my wife. After more than 300 refills on each printer of all colors, the print head on one printer started failing, so we both upgraded to the I560, where we continued to refill the same ink cartridges, interchangeable in both models of printers. (The S600 sitting there as a spare in case we ever need it.) We have now refilled the ink cartridges for the I560 around 200 times before a print head started to streak one color and failed to clean up. (I could buy another printer for no more than they wanted for another print head) So I have just purchased an IP4200 Canon for my wife and will be refilling her ink cartridges as well as mine. My Ink supplier is furnishing the correct ink for the Dye black cartridge, and the other inks are interchangeable.

Now that is a whole lot of refilling. Of course the price of ink has gone up over the years, and I no longer buy my ink by the gallon, as I was using very much more than a gallon of black ink a year when I started. And only use about a half gallon a year now. But he does sell ink in much smaller quanities, like 4.5 oz. and 18 oz. as well as the cartrages.

My ink supplier, If anyone is interested, is V-Tech Inc. and can be contacted at vtech@comcast.net, and at (215) 362-3300 or fax (215) 412-3656

Jack from Florida
jack.01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 2:03 AM   #26

Porhabs a little late to answer but i give my experience.

I have a Canon Pixma 3000.

I don't know where all of you are living.But if you want to try alternative ink and you live in a country where Carrefour supermarkets are, give those a chance.

I've tried the one from Pelikan and some other as alternatives and the best ones (imho) are those from carrefour brand itselfs.But you must live somewhere in a country where Carrefour is availlable offcourse.

I have never jused refills (don't like needles :-))

Gunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2006, 5:25 AM   #27

Amazon . . . yup, I get my Canon paper for about 1/2 price and "FREE Super Saver Shipping". The pricing fluctuates; so watch it and you'll save biiiiiig time. Same deal with the Canon OEM inks; I pay from 1/3 to 1/2 the retail price.

Repeat: the prices fluctuate, so monitor them and pounce when the price is right. Stock up a bit.

I reside in the U.S. so I don't know about UK pricing on Amazon. Please check it out; the pricing I get there makes Canon inks absolutely affordable!!
lhino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2006, 5:29 AM   #28

Amazon . . . yup, I get my Canon paper for about 1/2 price and "FREE Super Saver Shipping". The pricing fluctuates; so watch it and you'll save biiiiiig time. Same deal with the Canon OEM inks; I pay from 1/3 to 1/2 the retail price.

Repeat: the prices fluctuate, so monitor them and pounce when the price is right. Stock up a bit.

I reside in the U.S. so I don't know about UK pricing on Amazon. Please check it out; the pricing I get there makes Canon inks absolutely affordable(IMO)!!
lhino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2006, 12:47 PM   #29

Hi.

Not all refills are created equal. However Canon should not limit to thier own $$$ product only.

I've never had problmes with refills. However as indicatred below i always check my ink first.

I have a simple test for ink age. It's simular to the slop test use for concrete/cement.

Take a piece of regular paper and put one drop of ink (from your syringe) on that paper.

It should take no more than 7 seconds to spread out completely. If it does not and a puddle stays in the middle then the ink is old. Normal copy paper has good wicking ability.

Now i've tried this test over the past 6+years checking bottles of varying ages and it actualy works.

7 seconds for Canon ink, and 10-11 seconds for epson.

It's not 100% accurate, but quite close (95+% accurate).

Some inks are incredibly liquid such as Xerox fax and small printer inks. The ink slop test won't work, and generic ink tends to block the xerox ink cartridges after perhaps 2 refills.

Also when storing your bottles of ink. Try to remove the air form the bottle and reseal them.

chippedoff is offline   Reply With Quote