Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Oct 24, 2005, 4:05 PM   #1

Just was wondering what paper you find best for printing ? not talking about photo paper general inkjet paper, not bothered about text more on images,graphics and maybe charts/presentations.

I have 2 boxs of superstat A4 and 1 box of dailytop A4 paper(both are 80gsm) which are fine for just simple text or test images but for clear colours this stuff really is not all that(cant complain too much as i did'nt pay for it, was given it) Anyways i decided to try something else so while in staples i bought a pack of Cyberstar deskprint paper (100gsm) and a pack of HP Bright White inkjet paper (90gsm), got lucky both was on special. Any ways i printed the same image on all the paper (superstat and dailytop seems about the same so i used superstat as thats the box i have open).I set my HP 940C to best, paper type bright white. I must say out of the 3 different pages the HP paper was the best, colours was more vibraint. The image on the superstat had dull colours and the cyberstar was really that much better i was suprised by this seen as the paper is 100gsm.

Oh one thing on the cyberstar and superstat i noticed a few white speckles on the image, like the ink had'nt settled or something. Any one have a idea as to why i get these white speckles.
Jedi Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2005, 9:13 PM   #2

I use HP premium photo paper with an HP printer and ink and I really like the results.
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 12:41 AM   #3

Epson Photo Quality Inkjet Paper does the trick for me.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote