Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Feb 20, 2003, 1:51 PM   #1

Default HP Officejet d135 All-in-One ???

I know it's not a "photo" printer, but what quality can I expect from this 'printer'?

Also, one reason I came to this forum is the hp '14' series print heads on this unit. The printer has 4 replacable heads (Blk, Cy,Mg,Yl), a black cartridge and a tri-color cartridge.

I have never seen this head /cartridge seperation before in an HP. Anybody have any experience or opinions about this cartrige setup. It definately lowers the print price / ink price for HP ink.

Thanks.

:?:
Us 5 Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2003, 2:40 PM   #2

Yes it lowers the price in a way. The problem lies in the fact that they use a chip on the ink tank so you can't refill it. But if you plan on only buying HP ink. Then I say go for it. The reviews on those tanks have been nothing short of very good.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2003, 3:25 PM   #3

Default d135 compared to 5550 or 7X50 ?? or i850

Gregorson,

Thanks for the reply and for addressing the 14 series heads. You mentioned good reviews of these heads, do you have any more info or insight to share on these heads. They've got me curious....

From what I've seen these are basically higher volume versions of the hp flexible printed circuit head.

Another question I have is: Is the quality of the print from the 14 series head going to be better or worse than the 56,57, 58 cartridge/head found in the 5550 & 7x50 series.???

:?
Old Feb 21, 2003, 1:13 PM   #4

Default Officejet 6110 vs. d135 ???

Any thoughts?

the 6110 uses the 56,57,58 catridges like the 5550, 7x50 series.

the d135 uses the 14 series as described above.

any thoughts on the better photo or all around between these two?
Old Feb 24, 2003, 1:56 PM   #5

Default D135 and 56,57,58 cartridges

The 58 is a photo ink cartridge and works with the 57 (tri-color) when doing photo prints. The 7x50 series printer shoots a blue led on the paper so it can detect what kind of paper it is to get photo quality.

I would think the 57,58 would print better photo images on photo paper but may be just the same on regular paper as the d135
vpatel98 is offline   Reply With Quote