Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Dec 21, 2005, 8:06 AM   #1

I have two printers,a canon i850 and a canon ip4000. just wondering what the difference was in the ink cartridge,Thei850 calls for the bci3 and the ip4000 calls for the bci6. Can they both use the same?
jeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2005, 9:30 AM   #2

Hi Jeed,

I am in somewhat of the same boat. I have a MP730 based on the ip850 printer engine and my wife has an ip4000.

I use www.bulkinkjetcarts.com as a third party cartridge supplier. They are quite up front that their BCI-3 and BCI-6 colors are exactly the same at least in terms of c,y,m. You can pay an extra thirty cents to get the BCI-6 label but thats all the thirty cents buys.-----a different label.

According to Canon, there is a difference. I have yet to see any really explain any difference so I still reserve judgement.
Osage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 1:04 PM   #3

Basicaly the BCI3 and BCI6 color cartridges are the same, there might be a little difference in the dye. The BCI3e bk is the large pigmented in cartridge which is being used in a lot of the Canon printers (i.e. iP3000, iP4000, s600 and so on).

I have a Canon S800, i950, iP4000 and i9900, I have used the BCI3 cartridges in all of the printers with no problems an haven't seen any color shift.
terryt is offline   Reply With Quote