Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Jan 2, 2006, 6:11 PM   #1

I am currently using Canon Photo Pro and it is quite good. Can anyone recommend another quality paper to use with my Canon iP6600D photo printer? How about HP Premium Plus or Epson? Ilford is great, but you cannot use smooth gloss and they do not make 4x6 in their classic gloss or pearl styles - too bad. Thanks
Justinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2006, 11:07 PM   #2

Justinian

One of the best glossy papers that I found for Canon was the Pictorico papers, either their Photo Gallery Glossy or the Premium Photo Glossy. For these, you can use the Canon Photo Pro selection and get better results. Well, at least I did in my Canon printers. Another to try would be the Kirkland Photo Paper at Costco. If you belong to Sam's Club, they have a variation of the Illford papers there, and I have read that it is good.

If you like matte paper, try the Epson Enhanced Matte. This made great prints on my I9100.

The Epson only comes in 8.5x11 sheets. The Pictorico and Kirkland papers do come in 4x6 sheets.

Also, I would make the same print on all the papers that you are trying, then decide what paper looks best. Some papers do not work as good as others do.

I have had a lot of trouble with the Kodak papers and Canon printers, so I can not recomend them.

Bill
Speedie is offline   Reply With Quote