Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Apr 17, 2006, 4:26 PM   #1

ok iam new so please don,t bash me................. i have a two hp printers one is a photosmart 7350. i have been refilling my cart. and all of a sudden the yellow won,t print. i went and bought a new cart. with differnt lot numbers. i still will not print the yellow. i have cleaned and soaked all of the cart. still will not work. so i went and bought a hp office jet all in one (cart#22) it still the same. did hp do somthing or what.

also what is a good easy color print to get and refill.
oldman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2006, 9:31 PM   #2

to oldman1,

Most on this forum are too busy with printing, photograpghy, and sharing information to ever engage in bashing anyone. But usually HP printers are very reliable so your experience with a new one puzzles me. Although I suspect it may have something to do with getting the print drivers installed on your PC--an all too common problem with HP's--in terms of refilling HP cartridges, they can be somewhat tricky for a newby, but I would prefer someone more HP experienced guide you there.

Many on these forums use Canon printers. Mainly for economy in printing and in ease of refilling. But there is now a dividing line between chipped and non chipped Canons to learn about if you do ever decide to get a Canon.

But if any on these forums are to offer advice, it might help us to know what you need in a printer, how much printing volume you antisipate, and generally what region of the world you are in.
Osage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2006, 6:16 AM   #3

i am in texas and i do print some pictures for grandkids. mostly dvd covers

thanks for the advise. by the way when i put in a new cart it works just fine.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 11:54 AM   #4

To oldman1,

So its now established that you live in the USA. Which basically means you have direct access to
most printing markets and your options are almost unlimited. From what you say, your printing needs and volume is fairly low. Which to me means that it makes little sence to buy another printer that is more economical.--because you probably could not recover that purchase price in ink consumable costs savings.

But I am not sure on a few things you say and hope you can clear up my confusion (1) When you say printing DVD covers---are you printing directly onto a DVD disk or printing onto paper and using that to decorate something? (2) I am still a little confused on your printers--you have a HP7350 and another HP all in one. Are both printers working correctly and the only concern is that one refilled cartridge malfuntions in both printers?

For now, I will assume the latter question is a yes----in which case the job is to get you more expert on refilling HP cartridges. While my understanding of HP cartridges is somewhat limited, I can say a few things. They can be somewhat tricky to refill--if overfilled, they can develop feeding problems--or you can get air bubbles--or a clogged sponge--and in a tricolor cartridge you can get ink cross contamination. Not to mention the fact the newer HP's are chipped--and will sometimes refuse to use a refilled cartridge.

But there is another possibility---in 99.99% of HP's the printhead is on the cartridge itself. And the printhead is a thermal electric device. The printhead heats the ink to a vapor and its that vaporizing that shoots the ink out onto the paper. The heating is done by an electrical impulse at the printhead nozzle---ink present at the nozzle
absorbs some of the energy of that electrical impulse and acts to cool the printhead--no ink at the nozzle means
no cooling which may result in a burned out printhead on that cartridge. If a printhead on a HP cartridge is burned out----there is no fixing it--its shot--period---and even in the best of circumstances a HP printhead only lasts a limited number of refillings. So when the printhead is shot you get another cartridge with a fresh printhead. Printheads can also clog--especially if a wrong for HP ink is used--which often happens when you get a generic refill kit that is supposed to be good for all printers. Inks specifically blended for HP's are far better and trouble free---try formulalabs or MIS inks for local vendors.

But this sort of covers the universe of posibilities--hopefully you can narrow some things down so I know better what we are dealing with.

I also recommend you google the nifty stuff forums---there are extensive posts on refilling various HP cartridges.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 4:07 PM   #5

1st thank you far the help......... i print lables for dvd.. and cover sheets for dvd iam not concernd as much in qauilty but in reuse or relled cart. it seems that the last several cart. or doing this. i can put in a new cat. and they work fine untill i refill them. the hp 7350 (#57)i was refilling them for a long time with no problem and suddenly it started and the new printer hp 5610 all in one (#22) would never take a refill. it is the yellow that is not printing. the print station states they never had this problem before.

now that is said is it possiable that hp started to program there cart. to do this..............
Old Apr 18, 2006, 8:45 PM   #6

To oldman1,

Its a definite yes that your problem may be in new HP programming of its chips.
But why in yellow only is somewhat of a mystery to me. Could be a new printhead design just does not like your brand of yellow ink--result instant clog on yellow ink.

But the only sence I can make of your posts is that you have been refilling fior some times with good results and now suddenly your precious technique does not work.

But since I am not HP expert its apparent to me that someone far more expert on HP printers needs to weigh in because I am far past my ability to help you with HP printers.

You may get some help at these forums or you can post the same priblem at the nifty stuff forums.--where I know some people very knowlegable on HP's are. My knowledge on defeating the HP chips is very rudementary and not model specific
Old Apr 22, 2006, 7:01 PM   #7

ok i tryed the 3 ml of ink in a new cart and it still do not work. i might just buy a cannon printer if i can find one that is eazy to fill. any suggestions.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 6:52 PM   #8

You said that you bought a new printer. If you put the old cart in then of course you would have trouble.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I have a HP720c now a trick to refilling is actually slipping a piece of plastic down to push back the contact pins otherwise they scratch the contacts on the cart making it useless when you remove the cart.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"A new cart. should work ok provided as said in this thread that the correct drivers are loaded.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"A couple of tricks I have used.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"1. Wrap Cart in tissue place in plastic bag and swing it in circles (Centrfuge) this will help drive the ink through.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"2. Place cart in boiling water to unclog (Don't boil it)

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"3. Clean contacts with Metho or cleaner.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"4. Place print head in cleaning solution

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"It seems pretty impossible for a brand new printer with new cartridges to exhibit the same lack of one colour. You are not telling us everything
Teddy Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2006, 6:53 AM   #9

Whats with the html tags over the post is that a problem with the forum software or is someone playing funny buggers.

I only joined this forum to get ideas and offer mine, I have seen the same on another post
Teddy Bear is offline   Reply With Quote