Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Jun 18, 2006, 12:49 PM   #1

About a year ago I met a woman who printed her photos on what appeared to be foam core.

I have searched and searched and can't seem to find anything about this. I am ready to purchase an Epson R1800 because I think that if any printer can do it, this one can. But I don't want to make the investment if it isn't possible.

Is anyone familiar with this? Is it foam core? Or is there another medium that it might be? Maybe I am looking for the wrong thing.

Thanks!

Donna
auroraegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 18, 2006, 6:18 PM   #2

You're most likely talking about Epson Poster Board media. I have used it in my Epson 7600 it works quite well its not cheep and comes in 24 in. x 30 in and 30" x 40" 5 sizes @ around $95 for 5 sheets. 1.2 mm thick

Another method we use is to print on one of the other medias and adhere it to some foam core with spray mount glue this works really well also.
jtgraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2006, 10:04 PM   #3

Thanks.

Recently I saw a wedding album that was printed on a thick card stock type of media. Do you know what that might have been?
auroraegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2006, 12:19 AM   #4

You may want to go check out Red River Paper they sell all kinds of media which are very compatible with Epson printers they have some thick stock.
You might want to get the sampler pack like the Wide Format Sample Kit and cut it down to fit your printer totry they are 13x19 sheets from 62lb. to 76lb. or one of the other samples they offer.
http://www.redrivercatalog.com
jtgraphics is offline   Reply With Quote