Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Jul 5, 2006, 4:05 AM   #1

Thanks to Hobbicolor inks. Very good guys.

Anyway so ive refilled all my carts now and ive done:
1 Cleaning
1 Print Head Alignment.

I was wondering, since i am using refilled ink, i dont want to ruin my Print Head. So what should i do to not let clogs happen and to keep everything flowing?

What exactly is Print Head stuffup and why does it happen? (and how to prevent it?)

Anything eles i should know that should be done after refilling ink/using refilled ink?

cheers!
mysticf1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 28, 2006, 3:02 PM   #2

mysticf1re wrote:
Quote:
Thanks to Hobbicolor inks. Very good guys.

Anyway so ive refilled all my carts now and ive done:
1 Cleaning
1 Print Head Alignment.

I was wondering, since i am using refilled ink, i dont want to ruin my Print Head. So what should i do to not let clogs happen and to keep everything flowing?

What exactly is Print Head stuffup and why does it happen? (and how to prevent it?)

Anything eles i should know that should be done after refilling ink/using refilled ink?

cheers!
Print nozzle check patern every day before using the printer, also every other day even if you do not print anything. That will take care about ink drying in printhead nozzles.
smileM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:17 PM   #3
Administrator

smileM wrote:
Quote:
mysticf1re wrote:

Print nozzle check patern every day before using the printer, also every other day even if you do not print anything. That will take care about ink drying in printhead nozzles.

I think that is quite excessive as Canon printers are not all that prone to clogging. You'd use up a lot of ink with tests that often and it would negate the savings of doing your own refills.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 6:39 AM   #4

Only time I do a head align isif I've removed the head for cleaning, nozzle check only when I see a problem (v. rarely), I print every day and only need to clean/align about once a year.

If you've refilled you'll have lost the ink monitoring function so check regularly to make sure you don't run dry, Iempty a set of carts every 4 weeks or so for the colours and dye black and about 8 weeks for the pigment black.
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote