Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Sep 22, 2006, 8:28 PM   #11

Hey, thanks for the reply Brian.* I sure got stuck trying to figure this out-- and never did.* My guess is that the ink is just old.* Well over a year, and the inkjetgoodies FAQ even says that a year or so is the expected lifespan.*I haven't popped for all new Canon ink, either, because I have Pixma 4200 that is working fine (but, oh, those ink prices... ) and the i960 still prints everything, except photos, quite well.* *My impression is that the i960 beat the 4200 in quality, so I'm still not sure if I will pop for the Canon ink and see if that fixes things.* It's a quandary, but you probably made the right decision to move on to a new printer.* I just think it's a shame that I can't use this perfectly good printer for photos anymore. Did you ever try to play with the color values to compensate?Oh well, I'm sure the MP830 is mighty fine printer.* Enjoy--* *Scott
Scotious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2006, 9:14 PM   #12

Hey Scott. It's too bad you don't live near me because I would give you my i960 printer for free. I really hate to throw it out in the garbage when it may be something minor like ink that is causing the problem. I didn't bother changing printer drivers or anything since it worked perfectly one day and the next, magenta all over the place. It's an old printer in today's standards and I thought just buy a new one and don't use aftermarket inks again. I know the Canon Inks are very expensive, but it will save the guess work if something doesn't print correctly. I really wish you all the best with your problem and hope that you find something to fix the problem.

Brian
emailsucks is offline   Reply With Quote