Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Kodak Pro dSLR

Old May 20, 2004, 10:26 PM   #1

Has anyone else here ; still been content ; with using their DCS 315 regularly? I just got myself one and would really appreciate anyone that's " willing " to help me out on tips and tricks and etc...in using it..

I realize this is a very old camera by standards of today ; but I don't have the new model and this is what I have. I would like to know if there's anyone that would have any of their pics that they created using this camera ; posted online anywhere to review?

I searched this forum and there's not much in the lines of this DCS 315 camera ; that I found here.

I have looked around and there's seemingly less to be found on the net about this..maybe someone has links to this in places not being found ?

I will check back to see what anyone may have replied back to me about this and I DO APPRECIATE Everyone's time and efforts... TIA.....Ed~ EST-NY-May 20-11:24p.m.

One_Eye_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2004, 4:13 PM   #2

See John Cowley's review, he has samples posted:

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2004, 4:28 PM   #3

Thanks Steve ! I do appreciate that link...I wished that there's other " owners / users " that haven't tossed their DCS 315 in a cupboard or closet...that still use them...and have much tips to suggest..

I am aware that if there's the $$$ to do so ; to upgrade yet higher up the "DSC" line ; it's a good way to head...But as I stated I just received this and it is a " new " thing to use and mess with...

Thanks for your time .. Take care ..Ed~

One_Eye_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2004, 8:41 AM   #4

Greetings, I am currently using a dcs 315, and having a blast. I know that there are "better" cameras on the market. However, I have what I have, and I enjoy it. Let me know if you have found any new tricks since the posting. Thanks,

khiena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2004, 1:08 PM   #5

Hi all,

Thanks to your excellent forum I have bought a Fuji S1 pro some years ago.

The resolution is largely sufficient for me. I wanted to buy a new S2 pro when I came around the 315.

It arrived today. I feel very happy with it, and I would really like to discuss with other owners.

I have compared it to the S1, it's MUCH sharper. It's bigger, but I don't care. there's a great magenta cast in middle tones, shadows. what to do about this?

Anyway, I LOVE this camera

Wolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 5:00 PM   #6

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I had some questions regarding the DCS315 as well. I am looking at picking one up with a Nikon AF 35-70 f3.3-4.5 Autofocus Zoom Lens for about $295 shipped. The question I have is about prints. What are the largest sized prints you guys able to get with these without loosing sharpness? Do you guys notice any big problems with the camera's long focal length multiplier?

I have shot SLR's for a while (even though I'm still a novice) and thought this would be a geat way to get into DSLR photography. Thanks in advance guys.

toothlesrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:52 AM   #7

Hi Gavin,

I use a 315 to do event photos, tethered to a PC. This camera loves light, the more the better! You will be statisfied with anything up to 5x7. 8x10's can be done, however keep the crop tight, say 3/4 length portraits at best. Anything farther back and you'll start to see the lack of quality in color artifacts appearing on areas such as teeth which may turn yellow. It is also abattery hog. The Kodak software downloadable for free, is the best there is. As this camera was an early entry into the "Firewire" enabled products, you will find some of the options in Photodesk and Camera manager won't work with your model. Hope this helps. Email me with any other questions if I can help.

bladboy is offline   Reply With Quote