Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 30, 2006, 9:23 AM   #1

after i plug my kodak cam into computer through usb cable...and lolly-gag around with my photos...is there anything special i need to do when im done in reguards to disconnecting the camera. im using a pc with xp. don't see any special disconnect button so do i just turn the cam off and unplug??? dont want to screw up my camera. thanks
qwert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2006, 12:53 PM   #2

If you turn off the camera it should be fine. I'm not sure if this is necessary for cameras, but for USB drives what I do is look to the bottom-right of the screen, near the clock, and one of the icons will be a little gray rectangle with a green arrow above it. Double click on that and a menu will come up, if anything on the menu seems to be your camera, click on that and hit stop before you remove it. The camera might now show up however.

I think just turning it off will be fine, so don't worry about it too much.
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2006, 7:13 PM   #3

Just turn your camera off and disconnect it! The same for plugging it in...Be sure the camera is off first then plug it in!

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2007, 3:34 PM   #4

Greetings Qwert,

You can just turn it off and unplug the cable.

If you have a dock, you can simply set the camera on the dock to charge the camera battery (if a rechargeable is being used). If you do have a dock it may be an advantage to use the EasyShare software. It will not only turn on automatically when the camera is set on the dock, it will transfer pictures to a preset location of your choice to your hard drive, set the date and time for the camera to your computer settings, transfer any additions or changes to your email addresses or groups in your camera (many current cameras include an email option), clear existing images from the camera and memory card, and later turn itself off. All you have to do is set the camera on the dock.

Even without the EasyShare program running your camera should shut down after a few minutes.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote