Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 14, 2007, 10:03 AM   #1

I have a P880 witha 2gig SD card. On my desktop computer, with Kodak Easyshare software loaded, I can insert the card directly into the computer's card port and the computer recognizes the card. My laptop has a card port, but when I insert the card and try to download, I get a message saying the card is not formatted. I have the Kodak software on this computer also. Anybody have any suggestions as to why the laptop fails to recognize the card?

gregm1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2007, 12:01 PM   #2

Maybe try updating the drivers for your laptop's card reader. Is it capable of reading a 2 gig card? You can usually find drivers at the laptop manufacturer's website, or, go thru Windows' device manager, find the card reader, and ask Windows to search for newer drivers. (I assumed this is a PC, not a Mac)
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 9:03 PM   #3

Usually card readers under Windows XP require no drivers; "drivers" might be supplied but are often either a custom user interface or perhaps icons to replace the default Windows icons.

FaciaBrut brings up an an excellent point - the card reader might not be capable of reading a 2 gb card, especially if the reader is more than a year old. Do you have another 2 gb card you can test with?
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 11:33 PM   #4

I don't even bother with the laptop cardreader i have a jumpdrive trio that i use. Never got mine to work either and i had the card reader before.
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote