Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 17, 2007, 2:48 PM   #1

:?Does anyone know how to run the EasyShare software without admin rights? I installed the latest version, 6.2, thinking that would fix the problem. No such luck. It's a pain having to switch the kids' accounts to admin and then back to limited rights just to download pics from their cameras. Also, does anyone know if the software from other camera brands requires the same thing? If not, it may be time to upgrade cameras anyway.

PieDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2007, 3:33 PM   #2

Hi PieDog,

I posted a reply to this issue in a previous request. Check the listing of my responses to find.

EasyShare is not a multiuser license program. So, that feature is not built in.

Essentially, however, it may be as simple as changing the location on your system that you send your pictures. I believe EasyShare can use the Share folder which in many cases allows multiple users. Create a folder under the Share folderto receive your downloads. Open EasyShare and choose Tools > Preferences > Transfer. Find the folder you just created and have one of your kids log on and transfer an image. Have him log off and you log on and transfer an image. Go to the EasyShare software and see if you can see both your image and that of your child.

Good Luck,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote