Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 20, 2007, 9:55 AM   #1

Hi guys, how do u find the v603 ?
im considerin buyin one, the only other camera im thinkin of is a Samsung NV3 ?

Im after good pic quality and good mpeg4.....

can any of u make any recommendations for me please?

I have 1 week to decide so i have it ready for my wedding/ honeymoon...

evil_mx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2007, 1:22 PM   #2

Greetings and Congratulations,

I am happy to see that you are excited about your wedding and honeymoon. A good camera will be key in capturing these days of your life. I am glad to help if I can.

I have used the camera you are considering and found it pretty nice. I have a Daughter that I was considering gifting with this model (she likes the color). In review, however, I found the camera performed very well. I especially liked the KODAK Color Science Chip that helps you capture more accurate colors and flesh tones.

It also has TV quality video (VGA: 640 × 480 pixels) with sound at 30 fps. The movies are great when viewed. Be sure you have a large memory card, however, as taking videos (with any model camera) is going to eat up your memory. You may want to check the facilities where you are going to stay so you have a way to upload and save your images. Once saved, you can clear your card and move on to other picture taking.

The camera also has KODAK PERFECT TOUCH Technology that lets you make your picturesthe way you want them in the camera.You can printbetter, brighter pictures with this feature.

Actually, it always best to visit a local retailer that has both cameras so you can make a hands on review. See which one does what you want and that fits your future needs. Handle the cameras so you can get a feel for them. Review the menus then consider your decision.

Wish you well, mx6, have a great time.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2007, 6:48 PM   #3

thanx for the fast reply Ron

ye, im still pretty confused i have gone to the shops to look at both and both are great cameras, the only thing that makes me lean towards the samsung is the internal lens and it looks a bit more smick, however i know kodak have a better rep and will probly offer better after sales support.....

the panaramic function is a great bonus, but samsung also do somethin simialr and offer more editing options on the camera for takin photos....like blurrin background and groupin 3 photos together.....

1 week to go and here i am stressing about a camera ! hehehe

thanx heaps Ron.....

evil_mx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2007, 7:02 PM   #4

Could you please post a few photo samples from the V-603 for us to see. Thanks a lot!

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote