Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 1, 2007, 6:08 PM   #1

I find Easyshare a pain, and nothing but. I have photos inEasyshare that I want to put into my MS XP MY PICTURES. Anyone know how to do it? I tried emailing a photo to myself, but it appears Easyshare hijacked everything to put photos into My Pictures.
Snuffles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2007, 6:31 PM   #2

Use "Search" in the Start Menu to find the location on your machine of an image file whose name you know, wherever Easyshare put it. The others won't be far away from there. Then just drag & drop it and all the others to an open window corresponding to yourdesired location.

In future, get a USB card reader for your memory cards, and drag & drop files to your desired location straight from the window corresponding to the memory card. You'll find the card reader under 'My Computer' when you plug it in. This is very quick.

I tried Kodak's own software only once, shortly after getting my Z712, and rubbed it out again as quickly as possible.

Good luck!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2007, 11:01 PM   #3

Easy share, really is not all that bad. It does, have a learning curve. And it requires a bit of computer power and memory in other words it can be said to be a Hog. But those with a up to date CPU, and at least 1 gb of memory will find the program quite useful. The program stores pictures where you want them. Use the preferences and tell easyshare where they should go., default is my documents/my pictures/Kodak., all of mine to to drive E: as an example. but, yes, the program does soemthings very well, just needs to be learned. I use picassa, and ACDsee as well as Easyshare, all have their advantages and disadvantages. Actually, ACDsee is the most powerful.
Thegreygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 4:19 AM   #4

Migrated from a Canon P&S using ZoomBrowser software to Kodak's Z612. Tried EasyShare for a while then junked it and went back to using Canon's ZoomBrowser by using the SD memory card from the Z612 with a card reader that ZoomBrowser reads. Kodak pictures on Canon software. Great combination for basic uploading and processing of photos.

bayani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2007, 12:41 PM   #5

I use EasyShare. It is not that hard to configure it to save it the pictures from your camera to where you want it on your hard drive. I set up mine to save to My Document\My Pictures\Kodak Pictures\. Look under Tools - Preferences and Transfer. There you can find out where your pictures are saved to or change where you want them to be saved to.

I find it easier to use the USB cable with the camera. EasyShare will auto-download to my directory once I turned on the camera and clear the memory card once it is done. Beats having to take memory card out of the camera, plug into a card reader and then putting the card back into the camera. After the pictures are transfered, I use Windows Preview or Canon's ZoomBrowser to view them.
dr_spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2007, 9:08 PM   #6

dr_spock wrote:
Quote:
I use EasyShare. It is not that hard to configure it to save it the pictures from your camera to where you want it on your hard drive. I set up mine to save to My DocumentMy PicturesKodak Pictures.
Yes, you can configure EasyShare to save to your specified directory. But EasyShare creates sub-folders in your chosen directory using the date of the download as the sub-directory name - not the date the pictures were taken.

Canon's ZoomBrowser not only saves in whatever directory you choose, it creates the sub-folders according to the date the photos were taken. This is my personal preference.
bayani is offline   Reply With Quote