Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 1, 2008, 3:31 PM   #1

I am looking for a small compact camera to use mainly when I am out and about or hiking or somethimg like that.
I have a DSLR so I am not looking fir anything fancy, just something that I can get some decent shots when I can't carry around the big camera.
I came across the C763, it looks like a decent camera for the price.
But I can't seem to find any reviews on it.
I was also thinking of the V1003, but I just tried it at a store and it's really slow.
Just wondering if anyone can fill me in on the 763, good or bad?.

trener1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2008, 10:04 AM   #2

I don't have a C763 but I'll share what experience I have and have read about with the C series. The C875received good marks from Steve and seemed to please those that have owned the camera. The entry level C533 received good marks from Steve and my son's C533 provides images as good as my Z612 within it's zoom limits outdoors and very good macros under bright conditions. From what I've read the C663 was panned by the reviewers but there were a number of satisfied users in this forum. They liked to show off how well their "so-so" camera actually performed.

Kodak's US refurb site currently has both a C763 and C533 at ~$95. I've had very good performance from the cameras I've ordered from that site, they carry a 30 day no questions asked return policy and a full new warranty.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote